Friday, July 28, 2006

Out of frustration....

a LO is born
credits: The Chase Papers and Elements and add-on extras by Robin Cabana at SBB; fonts: Horsepuke and Clarissa
So, in desperation yesterday I ignored the chaos around me and started playing with Robin's new kit at SBB, The Chase. I love this kit! Lots of great papers, elements and some fabulous brushes. I new when I started I wanted to use a pic or two I had of Brenna painting, and at first I had my usual linear, simple LO in mind. But, after looking at the pics I decided that just wasn't going to make me happy- it needed to be a bit messy because that is how Brenna paints. She puts every color of paint on the paper- often in the same spot. Before too long she has a big muddy brown mess, but she seems to like it that way as she keeps painting in the same way every time. So, I started putting arcs of ink across the LO using those fabulous brushes and playing with the layer blending modes... and a lovely mess was born. Pretty cool (and stress relieving too).

Thanks for the words of encouragement yesterday. Today was much calmer for everyone. Sarah's fever seems to be gone, but she is now covered in some sort of red rash. Mostly she ignores it, but sometime I catch her scratching furiously in certain areas. I have no idea what it is that she caught, and with the weekend looming hopefully things will continue to improve. Other than the nasty looking rash all over her from head to toe, she seemed pretty normal today. She took a nice long nap in her crib this afternoon and ate this evening; her appetite isn't quite back to normal, but it is getting there. She was still a bit clingy, but she also played by herself and with the other kids too.

Tonight was the ending program of VBS at church tonight, but because of the rash thing we didn't think it was wise to take Sarah . So, that translates into me staying home with her while everyone else goes out. We needed a trip out of the house too, so we went to Target to buy a few more school supplies -whoo hoo! LOL I think we've got everything we need now. I will have to go through and divide things up this weekend to make sure. The school sent an email saying that the class lists were posted now, so we will have to take the kids over to see who their teachers for this year are. The email also said there is supposed to be some sort of testing on Thursday, but I have yet to hear anything about that. School starts a week from Monday on August 7 at 8:05A- yes, the countdown has begun ;)

Before I go, here a couple more LOs I've done this week:
I used Tracy's Dinner with Friends kit for this one about the dramatic and delicious fruit flambe we saw and tasted at the Carnegie Science Center in Pittsburgh.
credits: Dinner with Friends by Tracy Blankenship at Digital Freebies and SkrappinDigiKreations; scroll brush by Nancie Rowe Janitz from Grateful kit at Scrapartist; Lo inspired by "Roma Forum" by Erin Lincoln, Creating Keepsakes magazine, July 2006, pg 114; fonts: Tiranti Solid LET, SBC Curly, Typewriter

If anyone wants to see the recipe up close, leave me a comment and let me know! I'd be glad to upload the recipe card.

I did this one for Jeanine's 80s challenge:
credits: 80s Wham! by Jeanine Baechtold, blog freebie; LO sketch by Gina Miller
fonts: Adobe Caslan Pro and Varsity

I've seen the 'You know you grew up in the 80s if....' list circulate around the email groups several times and have always wanted to scrap it. I remember and/or did a lot of them. It's a fun way to jog some of those memories that don't normally surface. If you want to see the list up close, I posted it in the LO description at RAKscraps. You can go HERE to see it.

and finally, a sneak peek at the kit I made during our vacation. You saw a few parts of it in my Whirlwind of Fun LO I did earlier. It comes with 2, 8.5x11 layered tif grid templates to help with making those grid-type LOs easier. If you want to make it a 12x12 LO, then you just add your own piece of paper behind it like I did on my LO. Scrap those everyday moments and things that you often overlook- your daily routines and the little bits and pieces around you that are part of your everyday life.
I'm not sure when I will give this out at RAKs yet- maybe the digicraft posting prize. speaking of the August digicraft- here it is. It's coming up Tuesday night at RAKscraps!

Well, that's it for me tonight! Have a great weekend everyone!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm not a doctor, but it sure sounds like Sarah had roseola measles - totallly non-contagious, every one of my six kids got them when they were babies. The baby gets a high fever for 3 days (and is generally very irritable) and then breaks out in a rash for a day or so and is all better. Hope that's all it is! Love the kits you've been working on.

Blessings,
Sharon-shutterbug

1:31 AM  
Blogger Robin said...

Love how the mess inspired your page! :) That is super cool. Hope things have calmed down this week! Love your 80s page! So cool to scrap the email. I get those things all the time.

8:39 PM  
Blogger Tracy Blankenship said...

oh my sweet friend. hug hug hug. Be it five or be it two...when they are kicking and screaming and savage little beasts....uggghhhhharrghhhhcccchhh getouttttttttt! lool. I so am right there with you with Hayden. Never was this bad with Chase. My hat is off to you and I wish I was there with you. We could just put my two in with yours and at least we would have each other to hold on to and laugh at and hit Target!

Love the kit and the layouts! woohooo. Awesome job all around. And poor little Sarah! how wierd!!! wonder what she got into! kiss them all for me. sigh...one day it will be really really quiet around us and we will "remember when"!!! oh yeah...the cleaning....What ISSSSSSSSS the actual point by the way? I still don't know. I agree some should be done to keep away bugs, bacteria and the plague...but other that that...why oh why bother! And you will have to do what I did....get the plastic jars of jelly...a little more but Chase has not broken a one...and he was breaking a lot!

8:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home