Saturday, July 22, 2006

The week slipped by me

goodness! where did the week go?! I guess it got buried in the mounds of laundry, cleaning, shopping, and cooking. I was also dealing (or trying to anyway) with several unwanted 'souveniers' of the trip- namely a nasty chigger bite on my leg, total regression on the potty training thing with Brenna and Sarah not wanting to sleep anywhere except in my arms. I don't think Sarah slept much for the first 48 hours after we got home. Every time I tried to put her down- either in the swing or her crib- her little eyes would pop open and that would be the end of that. finally she just collapsed Tuesday night, she fell asleep around 9P and slept all night. Sarah is not one you can just let cry herself to sleep- I've tried and it doesn't work. She gets so spitting mad that she can't sleep. The whole Farber sleep thing worked with the other kids when we needed it, but not with Sarah. We were doing pretty well with napping and sleeping at night in the crib before we went on vacation and now we are having to start all over again.. She's done better the last couple of nights, thank goodness. I was beginning to feel like a zombie. Sarah won't stay away from the stairs either; it doesn't seem to matter how many times she has fallend or slid down them. We have gates up everywhere and it seems like I am constantly being interuppted by someone wanting to get over one or the other.

My parents arrived about 6:30 last night for their summer visit. They left just a couple of days after my sis and her family stopped at their house in WA on their vacation to drive here. They will be here through Tuesday and then will be leaving Wednesday morning to continue down to OK and TX to see the rest of the family. My sis and family just got back home from their month long road trip last night. It has been one busy summer for everyone.

I've also started the school supply shopping; I've got to get over to Staples today and see if any of their super duper deals are still available. We have 2 weeks left of break now. I will actually be glad to have school start up again just so that we can get back onto a regular schedule.

Here's a couple of LOs I have somehow managed to get done with a couple of Jeanine's awesome kits at scrapbook.com.
What ever possesses people to ask someone if all of the kids with them are 'theirs'? I really hate it when it happens to me.
credits: Softly Summer by Jeanine Baechtold at computerscrapbook.com; corner stitching from Stitched Doodles by Tracy Blankenship at Digital Freebies and SkrappinDigiKreations; torn edge action by Atomic Cupcake; Scraplift of 'Shell Seeker' LO by Kellie Mize, Creating Keepsakes July 06, pg 44
fonts: Journaling Hand and CK Constitution

this kit is Jeanine's latest and it is so gorgeous!!!
journaling: We enjoyed a visit with Dale on Juloy 13 and 14, '06. The kids talked about having dinner with him for days, and while Mark took the older kids to the zoo and science center in St.Louis, Sarah and I spent time seeing pictures from his trip to England at his home.
credits: Essence by Jeanine Baechtold at computerscrapbook.com; fonts: SF-Happiness

OK- I'm off! Mark, my mom and the big kids went to Denver to Ehlitch Gardens for the day. Since it isn't safe for my Dad to ride the roller coasters any more, and Brenna and Sarah are too little, we just stayed home. I'm hoping to get a few LOs cranked out while we enjoy the peace and quiet. Hopefully my mom will get some pics for me at the park today.

Oh, and a big huge congrats to Tin and Mr.S on the news that they are expecting a little S in about 6.5 months! :D

4 Comments:

Blogger jane said...

lovely layouts melinda!! sure sounds like you are having fun with your little one, lol! i empathize truly!! And i agree...i hate when people ask that too!...i understand that there are more andmore split/mixed families these days...i am one of them..but what does it really matter? we are a family just the same!!!

1:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful layouts Melinda!!

And I just want to say how relieved I am to hear you say that Sarah hasn't responded to the Farber method but your other kids did. JT was terrible when I tried to let him cry it out, 2 or 3 hours, I felt HORRIBLE!! And like such a failure. I've been thinking it was just him, but I've never heard anyone say it didn't work for them. Anyway, hope everyone gets back to normal soon!

3:53 PM  
Blogger Robin said...

I hope everyone gets readjusted soon! :) Love these pages too Melinda!

4:34 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

LOL Melinda...don't ya just love comments from strangers about your children? I used to get them ALL the time when my girls were babies. Now, since they don't look alike, people don't comment, because it doesn't even occur to them they are twins. When they occasionally do ask, and I say yes they are twins, they don't believe me! Duh...I think I was there for the birth!!

Hang in there with the post-vacation mayhem/schedule disruption. I hope Sarah gets back to sleeping well soon. It really can do a number on you.

10:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home