Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Late night ramblings

Ahhh... today the high was only 77. It was so nice not to sit and sweat for a change LOL We even had an evening rainstorm come through and there is a very pleasant cool breeze blowing in my family room window. The rest of the week is supposed to be in the 80s with afternoon/evening rainstorms. A very nice change from the upper 90s we had just a few days ago.

I think I am a pretty good cook. I enjoy cooking, well most of the time anyway. I certainly enjoy eating good food LOL! I hate the cleaning up part though, and these days that seems to influence a lot of what comes out of my kitchen. That and the fact that after slaving away cooking up something wonderful for my family, the kids won't eat it or obviously only just tolerate it for the promise of dessert later on in the evening. Sooo, tonight it got to be 6 and I still hadn't started dinner; I was out of ideas and planned meals so I started rummaging around and found some cans of Pork and Beans and hot dogs in the freezer. Voila! 30 minutes later we had an exciting meal of Beanie Weanies (as DH calls it LOL) and corn. Nothing exciting in my book, but quick, filling and I figured the kids would eat it. As I was finishing cleaning off the table a little while ago, Bryce came down to say goodnight and he told me that dinner was really good and he wanted to know if we could have it again tomorrow night. Music to a mom's ears, IF I hadn't served beans from a can with cut up hot dogs in it LOL.

The digicraft chat went well tonight. If you missed the chat but would still like to craft with me, then go check out the digicraft thread and grab the template. The thread at RAKs is HERE.

Oh, let's see.... what else did I have to talk about? Oh yeah!
Thanks to Sharon who left me a comment a couple of days ago, I have an 'unofficial' diagnosis for what was making Sarah sick last week- Roseola. I'm 99% positive that was it. The three day high fever with no other symptoms and then breaking out in a rash of red small red spots. I remember Bryce having this too, though he was a bit older. He had just had his first MMR vaccine a few days before, so we just attributed the high fever and rash to that. I remember thinking it was really strange at the time as I could have sworn those spots were morphing around his body while we weren't looking. I even have a picture of him covered with his spots and cuddling with his blanket in his scrapbook. Now that Sarah is feeling better and eating better, she is sleeping better at night which I really appreciate. She's slept the whole night in her bed without waking up the last couple of nights. Now getting her to sleep can still be a challenge, but it does seem like we have made some progress in that regard again too.

and I am in TV heaven again ;) SciFi channel has started their new season and my favorite programs are showing new shows again- SG-1 and Stargate Atlantis namely. Battlestar Galactica doesn't start again until October. I can't say that I was terribly found of BG the first season, but kept watching just because there was a lack of anything else to watch. I liked the second season much better, so I will keep watching the third once it starts up again. they have some new shows on during the week too- Eureka, Dead Like Me, and Who Wants to be a SuperHero? Eureka is a quirky show about a secret town of super geniuses working on top secret projects. Strange things are always happening because someone has a new device they made, and there is some larger plot going on in the background that they are just hinting around so far. I like quirky shows LOL Dead Like me is definately quirky too- a girl is killed and recruited as a 'grim reaper' who goes and releases people's souls before they die. I've seen one episode so far, and this one is definately a bit on the wierd side. I'm not sure where they are going to go with the whole thing; unless it starts taking a different turn from what I saw in that one episode I can see myself getting bored with it pretty quickly. And I caught the last half of the new 'reality' show Who Wants to be a SuperHero? tonight. Definately zany- totally offbeat people running around in cheesy costumes. They eliminated 2 people in the first show already. I'll probably keep watching just to get a good laugh! It will be in it's regular time slot on Thursdays from now on.
There's several new shows on the Food Network now too, which is nice as I was getting tired of seeing the same ones over and over.

Gee, I've certainly gotten long-winded tonight :)
Here's a couple of new LOs before I go. This one is done with one of Tracy's older kits that is just adorable!
Brenna's first really big snow. She couldn't go to the snow, so Carissa brought it to her!
credits: Frosty kit and Stitched Doodles by Tracy Blankenship at Digital Freebies and SkrappinDigiCreations fonts: Tweed

These pics come from the vacation photos file. They have a beautiful 2 tiered carousel in the Independance Mall in Independance, MO. I couldn't resist taking a few photos when I saw it- the lights were just dim enough to let the carousel lights give it a beautiful glow. The Quote reads: “And the seasons, they go round and round, And the painted ponies go up and down. We're captive on the carousel of time.” ~Joni Mitchell
credits: Essence by Jeanine Baechtold at computerscrapbook.com; staple from Softly Summer by Jeanine Baechtold at computerscrapbook.com; stitching by Maya at scrapbookgraphics.com; hanging mini tags by Michelle Coleman from Summer Whimsy at Scrapartist; fonts: Cezanne

3 Comments:

Blogger jane said...

hehehe!! kids love the simplest things, lol!!! I can't say i have seen any of the shows you mentioned but i have heard of the dead like me...gonna have to check it out!
awesome layouts!! I especially love the snow one! :)

7:11 AM  
Blogger Raji said...

LOL about the dinner:) I love to cook, but hate to clean up. Great Lo's love the design of the frosty one.

4:12 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Great layouts Melinda! I especially like the carosel one. Very cool effects used there.

I hate the planning, shopping and cleaning up part of cooking, but the cooking is not so bad...LOL!

4:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home