Sunday, October 25, 2009

Halloween Album

For a couple of years now I’ve wanted to put together an album that had all of the Halloween costumes through the years in it. I finally got started on it about 3 weeks ago, and it turned into a much bigger project than I had originally anticipated (that seems to be the way I do a lot of things these days LOL). One of the things that took so darn long (other than the sheer number of photos I was dealing with) was finding the very early pictures since I didn’t start taking digital pictures until 2002, and even then it was hit or miss the first couple of those years because I was using both film and digital cameras. I had to dig out negatives and scan them for quite a few of those early years. By the time I was done I actually had 2 albums because the binder album that I started with obviously wasn’t going to be big enough to hold all of the photos I had. The first album is the original idea I started with and just includes the group shots of the kids over the years in their costumes before going out trick-or-treating.
halloweenalbums1
The back cover and then a shot of how the pages are inside. Pictures are printed at 5x7 or 4x6 and just stuck in the album however they needed to go. It gives it a fun random look. halloweenalbums2 

The second album is the ‘big’ one and not only includes costume photos, but also has all of the pumpkin carving and jack-o-lantern pictures, fun food and crafts things we’ve done, parties, and photos from trick-or-treat outings the years that I took my camera along. For some pages I made montages of several pictures if they were all of the same event (like pumpkin carving, crafts or parties). There are divider pages between each of the sections.
halloweenalbums3halloweenalbums4 

Credits: Fright Night by Flergs and Kaye Winieki at scrapbookgraphic; Fright Night: Glitter, Fright Night: Word Art, and Purple, Orange and Green Chipboard Alphas by Flergs at scrapbookgraphics; Bracket page templates by Bannerwoman and Jen Caputo. Binder rings by Staples, ribbons are by Offray, American Crafts and Michaels, and glitter glues by Sulyn and Roseart.

Really overall it was pretty simple once I figured out the format that I was going to use and let photos be my pages and didn’t decorate them other than to put the year and a small description of what each child’s costume was or if there was a particular name for something. I think it is fun to have everything all in one place so you can see how much the kids have changed over the years. We don’t really do all that much for Halloween other than costumes and trick-or-treating, so this is a neat way to see all of the different things we have done in one place. Here’s a compilation of the costume photos through the years and a few other favorites too to give you a small taste of the albums as a whole.
 halloweenphotos1 halloweenphotos2 halloweenphotos3 halloweenphotos4 halloweenphotos5

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home