Thursday, January 14, 2010

Art Journal Caravan Week 2

Oh, I just loved the inspiration this week! I did two 'projects’ based on the images found at Geninne’s blog, and more specifically the January pages of her 2010 journal that she showed in this post.

Inspired both by Geninne's lovely 2010 journal and this week's word, accept. I liked the long, 2 pg spread look, blocks with journaling (which are various phrases/statements about things I need to accept), and of course all of the birds. The pages are about 4x10 and double-sided. Thank goodness for inking to hide the edges where the printer didn't feed the second side quite straight! I imagine that some bits of ribbon and buttons and such will eventually end up on the pages, but nothing I could get my hands on easily this week coordinated. I'm sure something will turn up as I rummage around in my stash in future weeks;) On 2 of the pages I used a few bits and pieces I’ve collected from an artist I discovered a little while ago, Valentina Ramos. Her art really appeals to me right now and I was happy to find a use for a couple of the digital pieces she has freely shared on her blog.

AJC_Wk2diary-gallery AJC_Wk2diary-web AJC_Wk2diary-backs-web credits: Art Journal Caravan Provisions {Parcel #2} by Tangie Baxter at scrapbookgraphics.com; Super Klean Krafts by Pixel Works at scrapartist.com; Doodled Calendar by Pamela Donnis at TheDigiChick.com; Woodland Whimsy by Kate Hadfield at The-LilyPad; by Valentina Ramos: flower from "Be Good to Yourself" list, and Fall picture
fonts: Vaguely Repulsive
paper credits: Ranger Distress Inks in Weathered Wood and Tattered Rose

Geninne’s diary pages also inspired me in another way. I loved her icy doodles, especially the polar bear with his scarf flapping in the wind I could most certainly feel blowing at our house for several days last week when we had some extremely cold temperatures. So, I made some cold weather inspired projects too. Alana McCarthy at scrapbookgraphics has a new kit out this week called Frosty Wings that was fun to play with. I looked up the temperatures for last week on the web and used those as my main focal point of the page since I really didn’t have any photos that depicted how cold it felt (I stay bundled up inside whenever I can when it is freezing cold like that! LOL).

ColdJanuary2010

I wanted to do a page for my art journal too, so I got a little more creative and hybrid with the elements and personal with the journaling for this one. there are quite a few layers of glitter and fuzzy things on this page, so I was working on it over about 3 days once I got the digital base printed. Sarah and Brenna were often hanging about watching me as I worked. I had to endure the never-ending "why are you doing that, Mama?" questions from Brenna and Sarah. "It's my paper, and I want it that way." was finally the answer that got them to be quiet one evening when Sarah didn’t like the colors I had chosen to glitter the felt scarf with LOL

AJC_ColdOutside-hybrid-web 
journaling: I’m not a fan of hot weather, in fact I’d much rather just put on an extra layer if it is a bit chilly than have to deal with cooling off because it is too hot.On the other hand, I don’t like to be cold all of the time either, feeling like I can never quite get warm. Give me a happy medium, please! A nice change of seasons, but not have temperatures too extreme in any direction.
credits: Frosty Wings by Alana McCarthy at scrapbookgraphics; notebook paper from Hello School by Baers Garten at scrapbookgraphics
fonts: CK Crazy Cakes, CK Chocolate Sundae
paper credits: glitter pompom, white pipe cleaner, glitter glue by Sulyn, Liquid Applique by Marvy, metallic rub-ons by Craf-T Products, Inc., cellophane glitter I got years and years ago from a company called Magic Scraps- I don't believe they are around any longer

AJC_ColdOutside-details1  AJC_ColdOutside-details3
and in true artist fashion, Brenna decided that she wanted a girl to color too, so I told her she could draw one and color it the way she wanted to since she kept telling me what colors she thought things should be. She said OK and got right to work, even going so far as to cut it out just like mine. I’m not sure where the party hat comes in with the ice skates she added back since she didn’t like that fact that I had taken the skate blades off of my girl, but it’s her drawing and that’s the way she wanted it LOL! Sarah informed me this morning when I was taking a picture of it to share that she was the one who colored the dress purple and gave her ears, earrings and eyelashes- also in purple, of course! LOL2010_0112_Brenna-drawing-1

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home