Wednesday, December 10, 2008

2008 Christmas Newsletter and a freebie or two

I took this to the copy shop today to have it printed, along with my usual huge order of scrapbook pages to print for our albums and the gift albums that I give each year. Some of you reading this will get an actual one in the mail (hopefully late next week), but I thought I would post it here too for everyone. For the first time in years I didn't have a set of Christmas stationary stashed away waiting to be used, so I just designed one myself using one of the gorgeous holiday kits I've collected so far this year. The photo was taken during our evening at the Broadmoor (see previous post), and all of the letters you see us standing in between are carved ice. Pretty cool, huh?
credits: Dream About Christmas by Natali Design at scrapbookgraphics.com; fonts: Arial

and since I usually make a template when I start scrapping something like this, I thought I would package it up and offer it to those of you who haven't gotten your holiday newsletters started yet. It's pretty basic, so tweak it to make it work for you. This template is only in psd format as that is the only way to keep the text columns editable.
Download the template HERE.

And if you send out photo cards to family and friends, I have a set of cards available in The Daily Scrapper's special holiday issue this month. You can find them and two other sets of free cards on this page. There are all sorts of tutorials and articles to read along with freebies, and discounts galore so take a few minutes and check it out!

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger clc said...

Love your Christmas letter and your cards!

11:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you! Your blog post will be advertised on the DigiFree Digital Scrapbooking Freebie search engine today (look for timestamp: 10 Dec [LA 09:00pm] - 11 Dec [NY 12:00am, UK 05:00am, OZ 04:00pm] ).

11:56 PM  
Blogger ivymay said...

thanks for the Christmas letter template

2:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello. I recently found your Christmas newsletter online using the “Google Alert” tool. I’m a writer in the preliminary research phase for a “how-to” book on writing holiday newsletters, with an emphasis on utilizing blogs and other new technology. I may be contacting you in a few months to find out if you would be willing to speak with me about how and why you write Christmas newsletters.

I have written my own Christmas newsletter for over 10 years, the “old-fashioned” way. However, I have created a “just-for-fun” group on Facebook that you’re welcome to join, called “Christmas Newsletter Writers: We're not evil, just communicative!”

Happy Holidays!

--Traci Suppa
WordScapes
Traci@wordscapesny.com
www.wordscapesny.com

11:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home