Monday, November 24, 2008

Catching up on some layouts

I evidently haven't been very good about posting everything here as I get them done- oops! so, here are a bunch of new layouts for you to see.

My friend, Jess Gordon, is opening up a store over at SunshineStudioScraps and I got to play with her new kit, Christmas Heart. It's a gorgeous kit- great job, Jess!
journaling: We bought this hand-crafted pyramid in Rotenburg, Germany, and this was the first year I had put it out during the holidays in a while. The girls were fascinated with the nativity characters spinning by candlepower.
credits: Christmas Heart by Jess Gordon at SunshineStudioScraps; Worn Overlays by Manuela Zimmerman at scrapbookgraphics.com; fonts: CK Script and CK Becky

and here's the layout I did last month for Jess with her Cozy Sweater kit
credits: Cozy Sweater by Jess Gordon at CRD Block Party; Fall Colors by Dianne Rigdon at scrapartist; Scruffy Stitches by Amy Hutchinson at After5Designs; Rubon action by Atomic Cupcake; Pencil Lines Template 106 by Michelle Filofonts: Persimmon

Brenna and Sarah playing with my old baby doll we found in Grandmama's storage unit a couple of weeks ago.
journaling: I found my old baby doll in a box in my mom’s storage unit, and brought her and her bed back to the house for the girls to play with. Sarah was instantly enamoured of my old toy and carried her around, fed her and placed her in her bed for naps. The other girls got a few minutes with the precious baby every once in a while too. It was difficult to convince Sarah that Baby Doll needed to stay with Grandma where she would be safe and could be played with the next time we came for a visit.
credits: Phil & JayMay from the Young Love Collection and Everyday Basics Classic Frames by Chere Kaye at FunkyPlaygroundDesigns; stitched alpha freebie by Syrin; Templates With Attitude blog freebie by Tracy Blankenship; fonts: CK Becky

A couple more pictures from the Balloon Classic this fall:
journaling: The Colorado Balloon Classic is a Colorado Springs tradition and one we enjoy participating every year over Labor Day weekend. We go to at least one of the morning liftoffs to enjoy the beautiful colors of the balloons against the blue Colorado sky and mountains. It is hard to get up early on a morning when I would rather sleep in, but it is always worth the extra effort. August 30, 2008
credits: Skidamarink by Libby Weifenbach and Chere Kaye; Templates with Attitude 18 and Toolbox 11 Templates by Tracy Blankenship at FunkyPlaygroundDesigns; fonts: CK Extra and Times New Roman

Sarah reaching into her stocking last Christmas to see what was inside
credits: Holiday Fancy and Holiday Fancy Add-on by Dianne Rigdon at Scrapartist.com; Pencil Lines 106 template by Michelle Filo; candy canes and striped bow from Krafty Christmas Collection by Melinda Staley at Scrapdish; scruffy Stitches by Amy Hutchinson at After5Designs; fonts: CK Elsie

and a layout I did for the currrent Hodge Podge challenge to count your blessings. I used Holly McCaig's newest kit for this one.
journaling: I used to wish my family was a little bigger as a kid. We lived far away from our relatives and didn’t see them very often. They say, “be careful what you wish for, because you just might get it.” Mark and I had talked about 3 or 4 kids- I always thought 3 would be a good number. I didn’t count on having a set of twins or one last surprise after we thought our family was complete. Things are just about always noisy and messy , but I wouldn’t have it any other way now, of course . Six blessings may be bigger than I originally planned, but it is the perfect size- I should have dreamt a little bigger!
credits: Dream Big and felt heart from Jubilee (recolored) by Holly McCaig at HollyMcCaigDesigns; Hodge Podge Challenge template by Emily Powers; fonts: CK Becky

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fabulous layouts, Melinda! I especially love that balloon one - great use of the template! Love the delicate yet fun title font and the way the balloon is floating out of the photo! Very cool!

8:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home