Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Fall Leaves and a freebie

I mentioned how gorgeous our maple tree was this fall a couple of posts ago. Well, here are the pictures finally.


Just a day after I took the above photos, a cold-front came through with high winds and knocked most of the leaves off the tree and into the yard. Of course the girls have had fun playing in them ;) Bryce hasn't been out there cavorting with them this year for some reason, so you won't see him in the photos. I got Sarah and Brenna out in the yard before we started raking them up, so there is a pretty carpet of red and orange leaves all around them.




The twins wanted to jump in a leaf pile, so they got out the rakes and made themselves one to jump in.



I have managed to scrap one of the photos I took with Chere's new fall papers, and I had to add in some of the leaves from off our tree which I was glad I had taken the time to pick and scan after taking the photos of the tree.
credits: by Chere Kaye at FunkyPlaygroundDesigns.com: Fall Foliage and Fall Solids papers, Glimmer Leaves, alpha and trim from Caleb and Stacey; Cookie Decorating 101 template by Jaclyn Bernardo for SweetShoppeDesigns; maple leaves by me; worn overlays 2 by SomethingBlueStudios at catscrap; fonts: SBC Calligrapher 2000

I hope some of you reading this can use some gorgeous maple leaves for your layouts too! Enjoy scrapping with them. You can download the leaves HERE.

I've been working on something new for the store for the Digital Scrapbook Day celebration we have planned at Scrapdish. My little idea turned into a very big project that I have spent almost a week on now. I hope to have some previews ready to show off tomorrow!

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

10 Comments:

Blogger Katherine Lent said...

thanks Melinda, the pics of the kids are great and that tree is so gorgeous!

4:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gorgeous photos! We don't really get much in the way of fall color around here. Everything just kind of goes straight from green to dead. LOL Thanks for the leaves! So pretty!

6:00 AM  
Blogger Nani said...

Wonderful photos! Oh how I miss maples!!! I lived in a huge maple area in Michigan and now I a in the land of the oaks. The oaks are okay, but the maples are the belles of the fall ball!

Thank you for sharing the beauty of the season, which is never captured as well as kid capture it, with your photos and thanks so much for the pretty freebie!!

7:24 AM  
Blogger Robin said...

Love your photos and leaves Melinda!!!

7:50 AM  
Blogger clc said...

Beautiful photos! Thanks so much for the great leaf extractions!

10:18 AM  
Blogger Lizzerd said...

gorgeous leaves!! thank you so much for sharing!

2:37 PM  
Blogger Tammy aka bunchie said...

WOW! What a wonderful treat to have such a beauty in your yard. The kid's pics are wonderful!

4:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fantastic photos, you are so lucky :)!!! Love the page and the freebie is wonderful - thanks for making it :)!!! -Jess

10:00 PM  
Blogger shelly c said...

Thanks for sharing your leaves with us, Melinda, how I wish the trees turn such gorgeous colours here too! Your girls looked so happy playing with the leaves and the photographs of them in action are great!

7:35 PM  
Blogger Pumpy said...

Thanks for the leaves, the photos and colours are wonderful.
from Pumpy

3:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home