Monday, January 12, 2009

A Brenna layout

Jess Gordon has a pretty new kit out today called, So Flirty. I got to play with it over the weekend and here's what I made with it.

journaling: Brenna, You are struggling to keep up in kindergarten right now. I know it is hard for
you, but I also know that you can do this. I’m proud of the way you have learned to control your temper during the last year and a half- that was a struggle too, but you did it. You’ll master your kindergarten math and reading skills too. Daddy and I will be right here helping you.
~January 9, 2008
credits: So Flirty by Jess Gordon at SunshineStudioScraps.com; The Daily Digi Template 1 by Janet Phillips; fonts: CK Becky

Yes, Brenna is struggling with her reading skills already. I don't know what the problem is. One minute she does everything just fine and when you ask her the same thing again an hour later she will just tell you "I don't know" or give you a completely incorrect answer. I hope it really is just a confidence issue and that with enough repetition and encouragement that she can get over this. She is struggling with blending and segmenting, which is exactly what Carissa struggled with at this point in kindergarten too. She's been a bit more temperamental this week, I think mostly because she is stressed about not doing as well as she is expected too- which probably only makes the problem worse. We'll keep working on it and hopefully she will start to relax a bit and let things sink in more easily.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Adorable page, Melinda!! She is such a cutie!! I hope everything falls into place soon (school-wise). {HUGS} Jess

5:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home