Saturday, January 10, 2009

Project 365 and other new layouts

Well, we survived the first week back at school this week. It sure is hard to get myself out of bed that early after two weeks of being able to sleep until the time my body wants to get up. So, we are officially back in full routine again- school, dance, music practices, etc. Beth has caught the nasty sinus bug we were passing around (and evidently still are), so she's been the one laying on the couch all day coughing. She was feeling a bit better today than last night, so hopefully with another day of rest she will be on her way to getting over it. It's a good thing I stocked up on Sudafed and cough medicine a few weeks ago, as we have been going through a lot of it the month.

Project 365 is once again a big buzz around the digital scrapping community this new year. I didn't really participate last year, but I certainly took more than enough photos to qualify number-wise- they just weren't necessarily one a day. I decided to jump in and go ahead and put together my photos from last year in a photo-book format using the awesome set of templates Amy Pearson is giving out at scrapbookgraphics in the P365 forum. I'm really loving the clean lines and white space on these and how it really lets the photos shine.


Credits: Amy Pearson's Project 365 templates and Monica Guerra Leiria (mglscraps) Dreams In Color Collection from www.scrapbookgraphics.com, font: CK Becky

I've scrapped through March so far. If you'd like to see the rest of the pages I've done so far, I'm posting them over at facebook. You can see them HERE. As I get more done I'll be adding them there.

And this year I've started taking photos for P365- we'll see how long I keep it up. I have a feeling it will devolve more into what I did last year, but that worked out pretty well I thought. No pressure, no committment LOL Here's a layout I did of my first 7 pictures. I used TracyB's Templates With Attiude Combo 1 set, which she made specifically to go with a P365 project. She is also co-hosting a P52 challenge over at FunkyPlayground and will be giving out templates once a week- check that out here.
credits: Everything at FunkyPlaygroundDesigns.com: Templates with Attitude Combo 1 by Tracy Blankenship; I Love Winter Wellworn Solids and Embellishments by Jaime Young; Everyday Whites by Corina Nielsen

We've had a couple of pretty big snowstorms during the last month and I scrapped some of the pictures I took.
journaling: Winter finally arrived in full force December 15, 2008- frigid temperatures, the lowest recorded in well over a century, snow, ice and freezing wind kept us bundled up inside the house with the fireplace turned on to chase away the chill. Usually the temperature will warm up enough during the day to melt off the accumulated snow and ice on the trees, but not this day.... I took these pictures in the middle of the afternoon.
The breeze would gently blow and knock the snow off the branches making it seem like it was snowing still.
credits: Snowberry by Franziska Altmann at scrapbookgraphics; Templates with Attitude Trios 1 by Tracy Blankenship at FunkyPlaygroundDesigns; fonts: SP Wonderful Wendy

journaling: Winter came down to our home one night
Quietly pirouetting in on silvery-toed slippers of snow,
And we, we were children once again.
~Bill Morgan, Jr.
credits: Frostbite and Frostbite Extras by Saxon Holt at scrapbook-elements; Templates with Attitude 10 by Tracy Blankenship at funkyplaygrounddesigns.com; I can See Clearly layer style by Misty Cato; Acrylic drop shadow layer style by Traci Reed
fonts: Journaling Hand, LB Angela Squiggle

and I did this layout the other night for this week's Studio Starts challenge at scrapbookgraphics.
journaling: Brenna is so happy to be in a dance class this year and looks forward to Monday evenings when it is her turn to wear tutus and dance shoes.
credits: Victorian Strawberry by Flergs and Kaye Winieki at scrapbookgraphics.com; Worn Overlays by Manuela Zimmerman; The Bricks Lightroom Preset by Kelsey Smith; fonts: CK Becky

Labels: , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're a winner from my birthday blog drawing. Email me to redeem your prize at kim (at) cgessentials (dot) com.

12:20 PM  
Blogger Ooze said...

super

11:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home