Sunday, March 29, 2009

a layout and some eggstreme art

ahhh, it felt good to scrap this evening. Rusty spent the afternoon with us, so I didn't get a lot done during that time. I spent a lot of yesterday catching up on my P365 layouts for the month, which meant lots more photo sorting instead of doing much scrapping. I will be posting those near the end of the week probably since we have a few more days left in March yet ;) I'm trying not to think about how much tagging I have to do in ACDsee now with all of the photos I took this month.

journaling: Beth and Carissa, there are some pictures I get of you two where it strikes me at just how fast you are growing up. We were taking a break for lunch during your first DEA dance competition, so you had your hair all done up and makeup on. It seems like just yesterday when you were toddlers and getting into mischief all of the time. Don’t grow up too fast- take time to enjoy the carefree days of childhood as they won’t last as long as you think.
credits: Impressions of Renewal by Scrapbookgraphics Designers at scrapbookgraphics.com (coming April 1); P52 Week 13 template by Tracy Blankenship at FunkyPlaygroundDesigns; Eye Love You Year Round by Berna Datema at scrapbookgraphics.com;
fonts: CK Becky, Typewriter


and Saxon came out with a HUGE Easter themed collab with Tracey Monett at SBE today. I saw a piece of art on Eric Carle's blog a couple of weeks ago made with some of his old paint palettes (yogurt lids LOL) and the egg decorating pieces of the kit reminded me a bit of that. Mine's a bit messier than his though! LOL
Here's Eric Carle's version:

and here's mine:
credits: Duckys & Bunnys & Eggs, Oh My! by Tracey Monette and Saxon Holt at scrapbook-elements.com; Painters tapes by CD Muckosky at The-LilyPad; Messy Glitter Sprays by Micheline Martin from The DigiFiles 3

No, we haven't dyed any eggs for Easter yet this year. Everything on my art piece is digital ;) I'm thinking that is maybe an activity to do this week before spring break ends and all of the science projects and reports really kick in. I guess we will see if I can find a good deal on eggs.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger clc said...

Love your new layouts!

11:53 AM  
Blogger Keeping Life Creative said...

Hey Melinda,
Thanks for the comment about my blog. I can't quite figure it out since it looks fine on my computer, so I'll have to look into it further. Thanks!!

6:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home