Thursday, April 02, 2009

Steve Green concert, April 5

Purchase tickets at www.v7pc.org.

Contemporary Christian music artist Steve Green comes to Colorado Springs April 5. Steve joins The Village Seven Sanctuary Choir, Pikes Peak Village Singers and Orchestra in a never-to-be-forgotten concert of worship and minis­try at Village Seven Presbyterian Church April 5 at 6:00 p.m.

Steve Green is a trailblazer in con­temporary Christian music. Throughout his years of ministry his music has been honored with four Grammy nominations, 13 No. 1 songs, and seven Dove Awards, Christian mu­sic’s highest honor. With 23 re­cordings to his credit, including chil­dren’s projects and Spanish-language albums, Green has sold over three million albums worldwide.

Steve’s break-out year came in 1985 with the release of He Holds the Keys, which earned him Male Vocalist of the Year the Contemporary Christian Music (CCM) category. Many of his songs have become recognized standards, including “People Need the Lord” and “Broken and Spilled Out.” He has often been considered the male version of Sandi Patti, using many of the same songwriters and styles as well as the traditional ending songs on a (literal) high note.

Born in Portland, Oregon to missionary parents, Steve is one of six siblings who spent much of their early lives in Argentina. His bilingual abilities have enabled the release of six Spanish CDs in the United States, and much international ministry.

“I’ve been doing this for a long time now,” Steve says. “With each passing year, I’m asking God and myself these questions: ‘Is this the place where I can most effectively glorify Him? Can what I do be explained simply by natural means or is there the evidence of God’s presence and power? Am I still approaching every event as if it were my last chance to communicate God’s truth?” Steve confesses that he still feels a joyful responsibility and strong urgency to share the gospel, encourage believers in their faith, and invite others to God’s gracious gift of salvation.

I'm playing in the orchestra for this. We had our first rehearsal last night, and I'm sure it will be a wonderful evening of music and worship for everyone. I actually don't play in all that many songs, so I will get to sit and enjoy most of it along with the audience albeit from a slightly different perspective than theirs since the orchestra sits behind him LOL Of course that doesn't make me any less nervous about performing in the ones I DO play in. I'm sure it will all be good in the end ;)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home