Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Hybrid Mini Book for Brenna

This marks the last project I will be doing for Prima. They are cutting back, and their hybrid division is one of the places that isn’t making them as much money. I think there is a market for hybrid, but maybe the scrapbooking world as a whole just needs more time to absorb the digital aspect. I do believe it will only become more prevalent as time goes on and digital everything takes over. I know I fought going digital for a couple of years before I finally gave in and embraced it as the way I was going to do things most of the time. Being able to go back to my paper goods through hybrid is just wonderful and a way to get back to the tactile side of scrapbooking.

I made Brenna a little book to help her remember some of the things she learned during her kindergarten year. She struggled a bit with several things during the year, but she worked hard and in the end she found success.

Prima-FlirtyMiniAlbum-1

Prima-FlirtyMiniAlbum-2

Prima-FlirtyMiniAlbum-3

digital credits: IOD Flirty album and chipmates set
font: Nueva Std

traditional credits:
by Prima Marketing: Flirty Little Secret Collection papers: Splendid (812751), Frock (812713), and Meander (812720), Diecut Chipboard (#400026), Chipmates Inkjet diecut sticker sheets, Chipmates Clear Epoxy Stickers (#400002), Got Flowers? (711252), Belle Fleur (520991), Artful Leaves (523862), Build-a-Bauble (400101), Center Kisses (520700), Elysee ribbons (519520), Felt Alphabet (811952), Whispered Words (812027)
other: glitter glue by Roseart

This project was posted on the Prima blog here.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger webchyck said...

Super cute and inspiring, Melinda!

7:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the book Melinda!! I agree about hybrid. And I think the economy makes it hard for people to venture into new things too, sometimes. ~xo Jess

5:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home