Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Dr. Suess and Disney Princesses on Ice

Tomorrow is Dr.Seuss' birthday and this month's avatar challengeat RAKscraps was to dress up your avatar in honor of him. So, here I am with a plate of green eggs and ham. It is always so fun to see what everyone comes up with for these challenges. Robin loves the Grinch, so now she is sporting a Santa hat and a green complexion LOL! I love it! Actually, that gave me an idea.... tomorrow the kids are allowed to dress up like a Dr. Suess characer at school and I had no idea what to do that didn't involve going out and buying costumes. We've done Daisy-Head Maisy and Bim before, so they want something different this year. Maybe it will suffice for me to dig out the Santa hats again and they can wear those to school and say they are the Grinch. Makeup isn't allowed, so I don't have to worry about the green complexion part. Sounds good right? I guess we will see if it will fly with the kids when they get home today.

I had to run to the library again this morning. The library is sponsoring a little reading program- read 7 fairytales and get a free ticket to the Disney on Ice Princess show that is coming to town at the end of March. We were running a bit behind (I kept forgetting to ask about getting the forms when we went to the library) and our branch was already out of vouchers yesterday. They had a waiting list though in case they were able to get more. I promised the kids that if they did their reading last night I would take the forms to the library today. Beth already had hers done last week and just had to fill out the official form. Bryce and Carissa sat down and did theirs after we got home and finished up after dinner. So, now we will see if we are actually able to get them free tickets. Opening night tickets, which just happens to be the same day my parents arrive for their visit, are only $10 each so it wouldn't be too expensive a prospect for the whole family to go if we can get 3 free ones.

1 Comments:

Blogger Robin said...

:) Glad to hear you like my Grinchy alter ego! I also realized that I could be the Wicked Witch of the West or Shrek with that color. Green Eggs and Ham is one of my favorites too and your avatar looks great!

6:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home