Wednesday, February 22, 2006

MAJOR Frustration



One of the gifts that the ladies at my church gave us at Sarah's baby shower was a Visa gift card with a nice sum of money on it so that I could get what I needed when I determined what that was exactly. About a month ago I finally decided that I would use the $ to buy some storage pieces for Brenna's room so that when we decide to move Sarah into the room with her, we will have space in there for her. Toys and books were everywhere because there was no good place to put them. So I bought the 2 units pictured above at Target.
A few days after buying them I lug the bookshelf upstairs and put it together- no problem. Then, I drag the bin storage unit upstairs and start to assemble it, only to realize part way through that I am missing one of the dowels. I box everything back up and drag it back downstairs. In the box there is a phone number to call if you are missing parts, so after waiting for the holiday weekend to be over I call and ask them to send me the part. I leave it sitting in my LR waiting for the day I get it and can finally put it together.
That was 3 weeks ago and it still hasn't arrived. So, out of frustration yesterday I finally dig out the receipt and lug the whole thing back to Target to get a replacement. In the process of getting it into and out of the van I managed to pull some of the muscles in my back. I get an exchange and lug the new box home. A few minutes ago I thought I would take advantage of Sarah's nap time and put this shelf together so that I can start to work on getting the LR cleaned up before my parents come visit next month. I open up the box and count the dowels- all there, bins- all there, sides- both there. Wait a minute... there are NO SCREWS. ARGHHHH!!!!
So, I've got a call in to Mark at work asking him to stop on the way home and just buy me a $1 package of wood screws so that I can put this darn thing together finally. I guess we will see if he actually checks his voice mail today. Watch the delivery guy finally bring the missing dowel for the first shelf today too.

2 Comments:

Blogger Gina said...

Ooooh, like those storage units. And a pox on the company for not sending you the replacement dowel. I hope Mark checks voice mail. :)

11:29 AM  
Blogger Robin said...

oh no Melinda! That's the kind of luck I have with things too. Always missing something - even my vacuum cleaner was missing tubes! Hope you got it all together ok!

7:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home