Monday, March 13, 2006

Where did the weekend go?

and where did Monday morning go? too much to do and the days just fly by. We have 4 more days of school and then the kids are on spring break for 2 weeks. This afternoon I have to go to parent-teacher conferences after school, and then the kids are going to hit me up for books at the book fair in the library. I've made a tradition of buying them each one book during the book fairs at P-T conference time after the conference are over.
So far this morning, I've folded and put away 2 loads of laundry, started working on the girls' pile of dirty clothes, and showered myself and Brenna- oh and whipped out a scrapbook LO. I've got several more things I need to do before I have to go to school today. If only Sarah will cooperate and let me do them. She insists on being held just about all of the time now. I just can't stand the crying most of the time and give in, especially because she is pretty stubborn and won't give up. It does make it difficult to get things done though.

:::she just doesn't get it:::
So, this morning I am sitting at the computer and Brenna comes over and tells me she needs to go potty. Fine, we take off the sopping wet diaper she has on and plunk her down on the toilet in the bathroom. A couple of minutes later she comes out and tells me she is done. I ask if she went and she says 'no.' I'm not trying to push this if she isn't ready, so I tell her to go up to her room and get a clean diaper and bring it to me (I've got Sarah eating at the moment and don't want to get up). A couple more minutes go by and I start to hear crying and wailing from upstairs- evidently she really had needed to go and just wasn't patient enough when she was sitting on the toilet . She got distracted playing with her Little People when she went into her room, and I dont' think I really need to spell out what happened for you all. I hate potty training!

Moving on to less gross things LOL
Here are last week's LOs for my Mom's Advice album. We will get this week's quotes sometime today- can't wait to see what they are!
Do As I Say
journaling: The kids just can’t seem to eat anything without leaving a huge mess behind, so the house rule is that you can only eat at the kitchen table, except for dry cereal. All of the kids are pretty good about following this (most of the time), even though their parents usually don’t.
credits: Good Times by Carrie Stephens, Fishscraps; Fonts: 2Peas Hot Chocolate and 2Peas DW Journal




journaling: The girls were brave & put their hands in the slimy pumpkin guts so that we could enjoy roasted pumpkin seeds this Halloween.
credits: Good Times by Carrie Stephens, Fishscraps; pumpkin element by Rachel Dickson, RAKscraps October2005 Megakit
Fonts: 2Peas Hot Chocolate and 2Peas Beautiful


And here are the LOs I was working on yesterday, using a couple of the portraits from last spring that I hadn't scrapped yet because I just hadn't found the right things to use with them before. Correen's sequins are so cool!
credits: Sequins and Sequin Flowers by Correen Silke at Scrapdish, Baby Blanket Stitched Alpha by Amy Knepper; Fonts: CK Script


credits: RAKscraps February Megakit Admin addon: papers by Robin Cabana, Correen Silke, and Rachel Dickson; scrolls by Jeanine Baechtold; Flowers by Amy Wolff, from RAKscraps February Megakit; Bohemian Glass alpha by Tandika Star; chalked edge action by Atomic Cupcake; fonts: Times New Roman

I decided to have Brenna's birthday party on March 27 before my parents leave- Brenna won't care and since it would have been the following weekend normally we aren't shifting it that much. But, that means that crunch time on getting her ABC book finished up is rapidly approaching. I put together all of the pages I had LOs done for on Saturday. Now I just have to go back and fill in the holes. There aren't too many, but enough that it will be a rush to get it done in time probably.

That's it for now. I need to try and get Brenna down for her nap so she will behave at the conferences and hope that Sarah will stay asleep when I move her in a minute so that I can get a couple more things crossed off my to-do list today.

1 Comments:

Blogger Tania said...

Those are such beautiful pages!! Wow! And that's just awful about the potty situation, days I do not miss at all, LOL!

8:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home