Thursday, May 18, 2006

My baby is getting so big

Just look at her now....

journaling: At 7 months old, Sarah
* rubs her nose on my shoulder when she wants to nurse
* ate Cheerios for the first time 5/5/06
* is napping in her bed fairly regularly
* still prefers to fall asleep while nursing, but she will go to sleep on her own too
* sits up very well
* wants to try what Mama is eating- will grab plates
* picks up toys and small objects
*pinches my arm and plays with my lower lip while she is nursing- ouch!
* will sit on the floor and play quietly when with Daddy, but insists on being held when with Mama
* wearing 6/9 month size clothes
* moves backwards on stomach
* is trying to get into the crawling position, but doesn't have the leg or arm strength yet
* moves small distances in the sitting position by bouncing
* reaches to grab things she wants
* holds her arms up when she wants to be picked up
* whines when Daddy walks by without saying hello

credits: Tribute by Dani Mogstad; Notepaper from Note This2 by Gina Miller; Flower Clip from A Little Spring by Dani Mogstad; Shabby Wood Alpha by Dani Mogstad; Doodles by Rhonda Stark, Margarete Antonio, and Susan Cyrus from the Creative Team Spring Doodle Collection by Digital Design Essentials; fonts: Christine

I just love working with Dani's kits~ my 'month' is about up as the guest CT and I am going to miss it. She is having a new CT call in June and I won't hesitate to apply! You know how there are certain designers whose things are just your style? Between Scrapdish (ALL the designers there are fabulous, and I especially love Robin's kits), TracyB, and Dani I am pretty content in the digikit department these days. It's a lovely feeling.

Sarah is just one wiggly bundle these days. I can't get much work done on the computer any more if she is in my lap. She is yanking on the cords, trying to pull open the desk drawer and empty it's contents, kicking my arms with her feet, and whatever else new she can come up with. She was determined to 'help' me finish that LO up above tonight by moving things around with the trackball when I was trying to type. When I finally get tired of trying to keep her out of trouble, I set her down on the floor with the basket of toys in front of her, and she just screws up her little face and lets out a wail that mama would dare to put her down. If she isn't too tired, then it only lasts a few seconds and she will happily play with her toys for a while. She is trying so hard to learn to crawl now too. She sticks out her arms and plants them in front of her and leans way over. Most of the time she moves back to the sitting position after rocking back and forth a couple of times, but there have been a few times when she actually manages to kick her legs out behind her too. She falls over a lot onto her nose too and then mama has to come rescue her. I have always thought it so amazing to watch the kids during this first year and wonder why they keep trying over and over and over. When do we lose that persistence that every baby has to have so that they can learn to do the things we take for granted as children and adults- being able to sit up, walk, feed ourselves?

I am just floored at all of the amazing LOs over in the UDS gallery this week. WOW! there isn't much else to say other than I am so glad I am not a judge LOL!

I'd better wrap this up so that I can pry myself out of bed in time to make lunches for the kids before they have to go out the door. I hope everyone is doing well!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is so beautiful Melinda! I just love the purple with that cute little outfit. And she is getting big, they grow so fast!! Dani's kits are great, I just love them!

11:31 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Oh my, she IS getting big! She looks so sweet - I love the purple and yellow together. I've got a little monkey girl on my lap too - computer time is next to impossible. It's all fun though. :)

1:55 PM  
Blogger Robin said...

This page is so cute Melinda! :) Sounds like she wants to scrap too! Hee! And thanks for the nice shout out - I'm glad you're on our team because you always make me look good!

4:34 PM  
Blogger Raji said...

Beautiful page Melinda. She is growing up fast. I can so relate about her helping you with your LO's, lol, my dd loves to pull the cord, knows which button to push to open the cd compartment. Scrapdish is the best, isn't it.

3:38 AM  
Blogger mrs.S said...

Sarah is such a darling, Melinda!!! And she is growing so fast eh? How wonderful to scrap all these little milestones in her life.

10:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home