Thursday, June 29, 2006

Hot explorers

So, yesterday it didn't rain. I took the kids down to the mall in the morning and we walked down to all of the memorials. I hadn't seen the WWII memorial yet and really wanted to see that since the last time I was here they were still talking about building it. It was very nice.
It was HOTTTTT! Of course the humid air just makes it worse. I had to carry Sarah in the front pack and push Brenna in the stroller. I figured that would have to be the plan because it was just so far down to the Lincoln memorial and back. I thought maybe after that she would be willing to walk- wrong. The child was grumpy and tired all day yesterday. Bryce wanted to go to the Air and Space museum, so we walked down there for just a little while. Most of the museums are still closed because of the electrical problems, so the ones that are open are really crowded. I thought we might eat the food court, but couldn't bring myself to pay the prices they wanted for a hamburger. We ended up leaving after seeing the one room on WWII as Brenna was starting to get unruly and it takes almost an hour to get back to the hotel from the mall. She fell asleep in my arms on the metro train and I had to carry her the 4 long blocks back to the hotel.
I am one very sore person today. We are packing up to drive to the next place (not sure where that is exactly at the moment LOL). We will try and do something around here for the day before leaving- not sure what for that either. I'll try and update the blog tonight with some pictures. This hotel charges for long local phone calls so I need to keep this short.
Ciao!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Wow! Melinda you sure are staying busy!!

10:05 PM  
Blogger Robin said...

Hope you're not wearing yourself out too much Melinda!!! Gotta love that humidity :P out here on the East Coast. It's been like that up here too.

6:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home