Monday, June 19, 2006

Home Album Week 3

I posted the week 3 assignment for the Home is Where the Heart is mini album this morning. Here is my 2 page LO I did for this week. You can read the details of the challenge HERE


Credits: Papers by Chatterbox; FreshCuts by Rebecca Sower for EKSuccess; office tag by unknown; puzzle pieces; boa fiber by Bernat; raffia by Current, Inc.; Font: CK Sketched

journaling L pg, center: Details on this page, clockwise from top left: my bedroom and my dog, Boomer * the deck furniture * the livingroom couches * the front door and mailbox * music sitting on the piano in the basement * the new linoleum in the front hallway * the diningroom with table set using Grandma Doris’ blue glasses from Mexico and the ‘good’ stoneware we used on special occasions * one of the Native American kachinas my dad collects, and a pottery owl and bowl from my mother’s collection.

journaling R pg, center: Details on this page, clockwise from top left: the BBQ on the deck * the latchhook rug hanging in the front hallway that we all helped make one winter * the front entrance with Boomer waiting in the doorway * the kitchen linoleum *the painted brick fireplace wall * a Chinese pot my om brought back from China * a glass bird sculpture * the front of the house with my car parked in the parking spot we made by chopping down the pine trees * the house numbers that were by the front door.

journaling on side: I happened to come across a treasure trove of little details in the box of things I have been saving to scrapbook about my childhood. I found the binder of negatives from my high school photography class assignments. There were all sorts of pictures I had taken for the various assignments of things I would never have recorded otherwise. Most of these pictures come from the ‘abstract’ roll of film- I remember looking for interesting textrues to photograph. A few of the other pictures came from the ‘buildings’, and ‘shadows’ assignments; I was especially pleased to find a picture of the front of the house with my car parked in its parking spot. Sometimes, I finished off the end of a roll by snapping pictures of my best friend, Boomer. This gave me the one picture of my room that I know of, as she was taking a nap on my bed. I see lots of memories when I look at these pictures.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh this is awesome! I love the story behind where all the photos came from, loving this project, wish I wasn't at the mercy of my dad to get me things I need to get it done, LOL!

11:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home