Monday, June 12, 2006

Busy weekend


Sarah has mastered crawling and it pulling herself up on anything she can get ahold of. She is fascinated by the stairs to the kitchen and is constantly trying to figure out how to get up them. I'm going to have to start putting the gate up across them pretty soon. On Saturday, I went upstairs when I heard her wake up after her nap and found her standing in the corner of the crib pleased as punch with herself. Daddy was given the task of dropping the crib mattress so that she wouldn't fall out of bed. Sarah was not pleased that she can no longer look over the top of the crib out into the room.



Also on Saturday, Beth and Carissa decided it was time to learn to ride their bikes without the training wheels. It took Beth about an hour to figure it out. Carissa can ride too, but isn't quite as steady as Beth yet as she didn't work at it nearly so long. Bryce even got out there after a while and went some short distances, but I don't have any pictures of him as he quit before I was able to get back outside with the camera.

When I was outside I was trying to get some pictures of Sarah sitting in the grass, and before too long the kids had invited themselves into the photo. I got this very nice shot and had to scrap it with the ladybug picnic kit I bought earlier in the week.
journaling: It was a beautiful summer day, and we were all outside watching the kids learn to ride their bicycles. I had sat Sarah down to take her picture, and before too long I had 4 other kids trying to get into the picture too.Bryce, Carissa, Elizabeth, Brenna and Sarah Staley - June 10, 2006
credits: Ladybug Picnic by Summer Simmons at SugarGiggles; stitching by Dani Mogstad; font: Bradley Hand ITC

I told Bryce he could play on the internet, so that is it for me for today. I've got to go work on a home album LO. I've got 2 I need to get done this week so that I can have finished pages done for posting at the appropriate time while we are on vacation. Talk to ya'll later!

4 Comments:

Blogger mrs.S said...

OMGoodness, Sarah just looks so adorable, Melinda! Glad you had a busy but fun weekend with the kiddos!

6:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Sarah! What a growing girl! Time just goes so fast! And the other kiddos with the bikes, so great. Love that group photo!

4:17 PM  
Blogger Robin said...

Just love the photos especially the one of all the kiddos! Fabulous page too! :)

9:22 PM  
Blogger jane said...

love that layout melinda!!! You really did catch some fab photos!!!!

6:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home