Thursday, June 01, 2006

another day has passed me by

Where did today go? I really want to know.... I got so much done yesterday and I hoped that today would be the same, but it just didn't happen. I am sitting here trying to figure out what I did all day and I honestly have no clue. I started a new LO for some CT work, it's sitting on my screen unfinished. I have all sorts of LOs open in the RAKs gallery I was going to comment on- not one has anything written on it by me yet. I was going to upload my tutorials and get them posted to the newsletter team for comments- nope, not done either. Laundry I washed on Tuesday still not folded....

Ooh ooh! I just remembered what I did all afternoon LOL! I finished up another page for my Home album- the glue is drying on it over there on my desk. And I figured out how to scan negatives on my scanner. I needed to do that so that I can print some pictures for the next home page I will be working on. Most of the ones I scanned are B&W negs and the scanner software makes them a funky orange color with its auto settings- easily remedied in PSE, but there is probably some setting I could tweak so that it doesn't do that. It's auto correcting for color negatives. Here's a color pic negative I dug out and scanned to see if that theory would hold up:

that pic is completely unedited except for resizing so that I could get it uploaded here more easily. No color corrections, no dust spot removal, etc. Not bad, eh?! The carpet is a bit darker than it should be (it was a dusty rose pink color), but it's pretty close the way it is. Now if I could just figure out some way to get the scanner bed cleaned off of dust and kept that way. Dusting seems like an impossible task around here lately. It's not helping that now it is summer and we have to keep the windows open to keep the air moving and help cool the house off. There is dust inside the scanner on the underside the glass that I have no idea what to do about. I guess it is a good thing that the dust filter in PSE works pretty darn well.

Here's the last LO I got done a couple of days ago with one of Jeanine's new kits:
It's not the things that can be bought that are life's richest treasure, It's just the little heart gifts that money cannot measure... A cheerful smile, a friendly word, a sympathetic nod Are priceless little treasures from the storehouse of our God... They are the things that can't be bought with silver or with gold, For thoughtfulness and kindness and love are never sold... They are the priceless things in life for which no one can pay, And the giver finds rich recompense in giving them away. ~~HeartGifts -- by Helen Steiner Rice
credits: Softly Summer By Jeanine Baechtold at digitalscrapbook.com; fonts: Bickley Script

I was looking for a different photo to use with this kit and had to stop when I saw this one in the organizer. Such perfect coloring in the pic to go with it, and such a sweet smile on Sarah too. :)

Speaking of Sarah, my munchkin is definately sick again. She still has that nasty cough, drippy nose, and whiny attitude. When she finally drifted off to sleep in my arms earlier, I was pretty sure she was starting to get a fever too. And of course the weekend is coming up. So, if she is running a fever tomorrow morning I will probably call the Pediatrician's office and get her in for a check. If I don't, then for sure it will get worse come the weekend.

OK- I'm done here for tonight. I've got to go clean out my browser windows. The amount of them I have open at the moment is a bit scary.
Night!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Such a cute layout!! I love your wedding photo, it's gorgeous! Sorry to hear that Sarah is sick. And I know how you feel about never getting anything done, that's my life. So excited for the Home project!

6:44 PM  
Blogger Tracy Blankenship said...

gorgeousssss photo....love it! great layout too!

1:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home