Tuesday, May 23, 2006

busy busy busy

Somehow today has just gone by without me getting much of anything done that I wanted to do, or intended. Oh well. Some days are just like that.

This is the last week of school and the kids are doing all sorts of fun stuff this week. The girls are looking forward to pajama day tomorrow, game day on Thursday, and an ice cream feast on Friday. I guess I won't worry about feeding them lunch after they get home Friday at noon. Bryce's end of the year project was to come up with a contraption that would cushion an egg and keep it from breaking when they drop it off the roof of the school. Yep, the roof. He did well this time and remembered to tell us about it last week; that doesn't mean that we worked on it until tonight, but there was time to think about what to do and Mark and Bryce had time to go out to the store to get the items they needed after dinner tonight. Of course, Mark had to come up with something that goes down the 'road less traveled.' Oh no, we couldn't contribute anything that would be similar to what most other kids would probably be bringing. It should be an interesting experiment. I believe the egg drop commences at 9 tomorrow morning and I think I might try to make it over there to get some pics and see how our poor little egg fares. Mark was worried about trying to keep it cold inside its protective casing, and I had to tell him that I didn't think we would be eating the poor thing even if it did manage to survive the drop and to not worry about trying to stuff the large contraption into the refrigerator (there is absolutely no way it would fit in there anyway!).

So, I spent most of yesterday starting work on my home album as the new minialbum project begins next Monday. I cleared off my desk enough to be able to sit and work at it and I pulled out the adhesive, paper, scissors, and a few other odds and ends and got started on the title and index pages I had planned. I tried too to lay out some sort of a plan that will attempt to unify all of the different sections into a whole. I guess we will see how it all works when it is done. Which, I am sure, will not be at the end of the minialbum project. I've been planning this album for several years now and just one section of it could be what I have planned for the RAKscraps project. I surprised myself and got both pages done last night. ......Can I stop for a minute and say that working with the paper stuff again reminds me of why I have moved to 90% digiscrapping? It's not that I don't enjoy the cutting and pasting and all of that anymore, it is just that everything takes me so much longer to do because I don't have the right letter style, or size pics, or I want to do something on the computer and I have to print it out to put it on my page.... and it is like I am paralyzed now when faced with having to cut an actual piece of paper because I don't want to screw it up since it can't be undone with the click of a button. Finding things on my crowded HD is still faster than digging through my piles of scrapping stuff too. .......Well, after all that, I will say that I am pretty pleased with how my pages came out. You will just have to wait until next Monday to see them :-P (oh and the whole scanning and stitching the parts together thing is a royal pain the rear too!!) Maybe tomorrow I can get started on the week 2 pages; I guess we will see. I'm not feeling quite up to snuff. I've got a sore throat and am kind of stuffy. I don't feel awful, and it hasn't kept from doing anything I needed or wanted to do (I'm still ignoring the laundry that needs to be folded and the other piles that need to be washed, but that has nothing to do with how I feel LOL), but at the same time I tend to get irritated fairly easily. Brenna was a bit out of sorts today too. I don't think we will be venturing much further than the 3 blocks to the school yard tomorrow.

1 Comments:

Blogger Robin said...

Did you see Carrie Stephens has a new home kit! :) I think I know what I'm going to be using for this project. :)

11:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home