Sunday, May 21, 2006

a little introspection

I guess all of the journaling and soul searching in the UDS contest LOs is rubbing off on me.
journaling: You finally said that you were ready to sell your Rescue Heroes collection, and I think it was harder for me than it was for you. It meant saying goodbye to my little boy, and I wasn’t ready to do that quite yet it turns out. I know you don’t hardly play with them anymore- you spend your time building with your Legos and playing with Bionicles now. It just seems that so many of the toys and shows for boys your age these days focus on fighting themes and the Rescue Heroe’s mission was always just to help people. I’m sad to see you losing your innocence about how the world works, even though I know I can’t protect you from the true reality- that things aren’t always fair, and there are just some people who will not be nice to you no matter what you do. Somehow I managed this task of tagging and boxing up your toys, but it wasn’t easy. You have more room in your bedroom now to do the things I know you love, and that is a good thing. I hope that I can help you steer clear of a few of the realities growing up is sure to bring, because growing up is a good thing too and I am looking forward to seeing you turn into the wonderful young man I know you will be.
credits: RAKscraps Admin May 2006 Megakit Addon: Tan paper and brads by Rachel Dickson, Striped paper by Jeanine Baechtold; Canvas tag alpha from Dirty Boys collection by Dani Mogstad; fonts: Arid ITC, CK Extra

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Melinda! I LOVE THIS! Not shouting at you, but seriously! I don't let my guy play with much but the Rescue Heros, for exactly the reason you expressed, I want him to believe there is good in the world, even if we can't protect them from the bad for so long. Just today, I meant to blog it but I forgot, this boy at the park was making fun of JT cause he didn't have any guns at home, so I said he doesn't have guns, but you can come over to play Rescue Heroes and he just shrugged and walked away, and JT's little heart was crushed. They grow TOO fast! Can't they be little boys forever!
I missed your chat, but I miss you dearly!

12:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home