Sunday, May 28, 2006

I don't think I am ready for this

That's right- she's not even figured out crawling yet and she is already trying to pull herself up to her feet. She moves around the floor by bouncing herself while in the seated position (very funny to watch!) and leaning forward and scooching up a little at a time.

Not much exciting around here this weekend, which is fine by me. Mark took the kids down to the Pueblo Zoo on Friday afternoon after they got home from school. He went to get a membership there because they have reciprocal agreements with other zoos around the country so that you can get in free or for a reduced price, and as we plan to hit 4 or 5 of them on our vacation it quickly becomes more cost effective to do that. He also drove up to Ft Collins last weekend to the Science Center there for the same reason. Sarah and I stayed home and enjoyed some peace and quiet and then I got to go to the monthly crop my friend Bonnie runs a bit early. That was nice! I got this LO done at the crop, plus another paper for the Secret Agent kit. I always have grand plans to get tons of things done and end up being lucky to get one or two accomplished. Oh well, the really important part is getting out the house and spending time with my friends, eating and scrapping are secondary LOL! I used the fabulous Summer Sunsations kit by Jen Reed, Krista Mettler and Jeanine Baechtold at Scrapdish for this one. Robin got the CDs I ordered with this huge kit out to me pronto and they arrived in time for me to take to the crop :)
Brenna just acting goofy after insisting I take her picture too when she saw me trying to get some pictures of Sarah.
credits: Summer Sunsations kit by Jen Reed, Krista Mettler and Jeanine Baechtold at Scrapdish; based on LO sketch by Amy Knepper; fonts: Tweed and Toontime
credits: Strawberry Patch by Amy Knepper; glitter hearts and heart stitches by Dani Mogstad; glitter glue border by Gina Miller; edge tear action by Atomic Cupcake; Scraplift of Family by Traci Reed at Scrapmommies; fonts: Bickley Script

I did this second LO last night for the impromtu Memorial weekend crop at Scrapmommies. I really liked this new outfit on Carissa when she wore it to church a couple of weeks ago, so I made her pose for a picture after we got home. She didn't seem to mind ;)

Now I evidently have to find a picture of Beth to scrap, because she was wanting to see a LO of her on the computer. I cleaned out my LOs folder on the HD in an attempt to clear up some space and I dont' have anything of her left on there at the moment. I should be able to come up with something I would think. A lack of things to scrap is not a problem I have had in a long time.

Oh, and I did one more thing this weekend so far. Whipped up this neat little alpha for a nightowls prize.
I've actually had the base file for this made for a long time- can't even remember when I originally made it- but haven't ever picked a font and made the alpha. I think it took as long to make the cute preview as it did to actually create the alpha itself. LOL We might be giving people a second chance at earning it for the nightowls challenge this week ;) Go check the chats forum at RAKscraps HERE later tonight or tomorrow to see for sure.

Time to get Brenna in bed and wait for my parents' weekly phone call, so I'm off! I hope everyone is having a great holiday weekend!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Melinda, that alpha plain ROCKS!! I just love it! Love those layouts too! Especially the one with the Strawberry Patch kit. I can't believe Sarah is almost running around! It just seems like time has flown by. I used to live in Pueblo with my Grandparents for a few years. They'd take us to the Pueblo Zoo all the time. I haven't thought of that place in a very long time. Good seeing you at the Night Owl!

11:08 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Melinda, I am so nervous that Emma is right behind Sarah - she's into standing, not sitting. Eek! And that alpha is just plain awesome! :)

9:54 AM  
Blogger Tracy Blankenship said...

great layouts, great photos, great alpha....great scott! She is going to be running soon, lol!

1:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home