Wednesday, June 21, 2006

bird watching update

I have so many things to do today, but I just had to take a few minutes to post. We now have 3 eggs in the nest. Last year mama bird laid 5, so I bet there will be one more tomorrow morning and maybe another the day after that (but we won't be here to check and see).

And even better, after 2 years of trying to get some up close pictures of the birds, I finally succeeded yesterday! So neat! Here's daddy bird sitting on top of the porch light trying to keep an eye on his little eggs when Carissa went out to put a letter in the mailbox to her great-grandmother. Isn't he pretty with his stripes and red chest and head?

and here are a couple of shots of mama bird actually sitting on the nest in my wreath.

the fact that I was able to get pictures of them so close up this year makes me hopeful that their little babies will actually survive this year; they are keeping a really close eye on their nest, and since we will be gone during the incubation time and maybe even for the hatching we won't be bothering them and they will be able to 'bond' properly. Here's hoping anyway.

I got all of the laundry done yesterday- that in itself is a total miracle. It is washed, folded and put away. I even got the big kids started on their packing. We also went to the library, and got haircuts, and I even managed to sneak out to my friend's house after Mark got home for a Homemade Gourmet party.

OK- I've put off packing long enough. We have to go run to Target and look for some new sandals for Bryce too and I need to go rummage in the boxes in the garage and see if I can find a summer hat for Sarah, or I will need to buy one of those while we are out.

2 Comments:

Blogger jane said...

Great shots melinda!! We found a nest at the new house here too, so we expect to have a "musical" summer! and thanks for remindingme Ive got about 7 loads of laundry that i havent touched yet, lol!!

2:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooo! So pretty Melinda, I hope they survive!! I think you've left by now, so have a great trip!

11:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home