Friday, June 23, 2006

Are we there yet?

Yes, we've heard that phrase already from the back seats and we have only been gone 2 days... All in all though the kids have been doing pretty well. Sarah is usually done with the car seat come mid-afternoon and we still have a couple of hours of driving to go; she is one wiggly little girl in the evenings making up for being confined to that seat most of the day. I have to say that the hotel room carpets are filthy, as evidenced by the state of her feet and legs after crawling around on the floor for a few minutes. It's a good thing kids are washable!

Rain Rain go away......
We drove through a doozy of a storm yesterday afternoon. A little rain doesn't bother us, but it was a whole LOT of rain. We have our bags of clothing in the soft-side car top carrier and by the time we got to the hotel you can bet that a few of them were wet. Sarah and Brenna's bag seemed to take the brunt of it all though and probably protected the other bags; when I got done unpacking it I found that about 3/4 of their clothes were sopping wet. It's a small miracle that there were a few dry pieces left inside. Mark took everything down to a laundromat and ran them through a dryer while the kids bounced off the hotel room walls and beds waiting for him to come back with dinner.

Tonight we are in a hotel outside of StLouis and it is not raining. However looking at the weather report tells me that we are probably not going to stay dry during the next week. We aren't getting to DC until Monday next week, so hopefully most of the rain deluge will have moved on by then. I don't think the one umbrella we brought is going to be enough for walking around and seeing the monuments and museums.

So, I am loving my laptop even more.... I can scrap in the car! how awesome is that??? I've read 2 scrap mags, finished 3 LOs, and even got my Dad's bday/father's day gift done (well, minus the printing and putting it in the album)- all while Mark is driving down the interstate. I LOVE it! On with the LO show :)
journaling: Leisha Radspinner invited Brenna to a St. Patrick’s Day tea at her house. It was a lucky day for everyone as the older kids were out of school and Beth and Carissa got to come to the tea as well. It was Mark‘s day off too, so Bryce got to go hang out with Daddy instead of doing ’girl things.’ We had a great time talking, playing, eating green food, drinking green tea, and making green crafts.
credits: Bit O Green by Dani Mogstad; fonts: Poornut, CK Script

journaling: At 8 months old, Sarah knows what is expected of her when the camera comes
out- smile pretty for Mama. Beth was playing with her and had put her hat on Sarah’s head. She was in the process of taking it off when she noticed me with the camera and she stopped to smile while I took the picture. Then, once I was done she continued taking it off. She is such a camera ham!

credits: Sassy Pants by Dani Mogstad; staple from Cabana Boy by Dani Mogstad; scraplift of Mad by Danielle Catalano -Titus in CK March 2006, pg 126; fonts: Typewriter, Vintage Typewriter, CK Curly Cursive

journaling: The African Rift Valley exhibit opened at Cheyenne Mountain Zoo in May 2003. During the building of the new exhibit many of our animals had to be moved to other zoos. Since the opening, we have enjoyed the arrival of many new animals as well as the return of most of the ones who had to be relocated. Zebras finally returned in June 2006 after an absence of over 3 years. We love to watch the antics of the meerkat troop and lion cubs, the beauty of the different African birds, and the curiosity of the Red River hogs. And of course there is theperennial favorite, feeding the hungry giraffe herd crackers up close and personal.
credits: Thanks Dad by Jeanine Baechtold at computerscrapbook.com; staple from Cabana Boy by Dani Mogstad; fonts: Aberration and Typewriter

That's what I've gotten done so far on the trip. Oh and the album for my Dad- but I don't have that in a form I can share here yet. I might have to try making a rotating LO for that one to show off the Los. Those mini album kits people sell are awesome!

I'm beat and need to get to bed. I think I will try and scrap some pics of the trip so far tomorrow while we drive ;) I love my laptop!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh I'm so jealous about being able to scap while on vacation, that's what i need, a scrapping vacation!! Sounds like things are going well, despite the "Are We There Yet"s and general fussiness. Hope you have fun in Columbus and enjoy the museum. Love your layouts!

9:47 PM  
Blogger Tracy Blankenship said...

a scrapping vacation sounds so fabbbbulllouuuuuss. But while driving? no way. And reading while driving....bigger no wayyyy. see, I get oh oh oh soooooooo carsick. so sad since I will be driving for 10 hours each way at least soon. sighhhhhh. great layouts sweet.

6:55 PM  
Blogger Delight Car Removal said...

Truly, this article is really one of the very best in the history of articles. I am a antique ’Article’ collector and I sometimes read some new articles if I find them interesting. And I found this one pretty fascinating and it should go into my collection. Very good work.
cash for cars beenleigh
cash for scrap cars beenleigh

11:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home