Friday, August 11, 2006

Weekend happenings

MMMMMM- I wish I could share the delicious smell that is wafting from my kitchen at the moment. I just pulled 4 loaves of cinnamon bread from the oven and there is a loaf of sourdough in the bread machine that will be done in about 50 minutes. The cinnamon bread will be a nice breakfast treat for the girls' birthday tomorrow morning. I got some bread starter my neighbor Julie about a month ago and we've been enjoying having fresh bread on a regular basis. I've tried to make my own starter before and have never been successful, so I hope to keep this one around for a while.

So, the announcement is out and I can officially say that I am on Robin's CT! So cool! I've been waiting for her to have her own CT call for what seems like ages and I didn't wait long to apply once she finally announced it. ;) I scrapped the kids' Back to School picture with her Chase kit. The colors couldn't have been more perfect!
The Chase papers and Elements by Robin Cabana at Scrapbookbytes; LO based on 'Love of my Life' by Donna Downey, Simple Scrapbooks, Sept/Oct 2006, pg27; fonts: Times and Times Again

I'm also working with Jeanine's latest kit from scrapbook.com called "Dude"- what a wonderful boy kit! It was perfect for this pic of Bryce. I took the pic on vacation at the Philadelphia zoo. I came across a perfect picture spot and I grabbed him and made him hold still for me for a minute so that I could get a nice picture :)
credits: Dude by Jeanine Baechtold at computerscrapbook.com; fonts: TXT Abrasive

... and today I got a little quirky documenting Brenna's cute way of singing Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star. She always sings "like a dino in the sky" instead of diamond. I've given up trying to correct her now, so I had immortalize her version of the song in a LO with her own unique constellation. :) I had fun with the new kit EcZentric by Jeanine, Jen, Krista and Melissa. Of course I probably should have been folding laundry instead, but this was much more fun ;)
credits: EcZentric by Jeanine Baechtold, Krista Mettler, Jen Reed, and Melissa Goerke at Scrapdish and DigiScrapZ; flowers from Rainbow spirit by Carrie Stephens
fonts: Dinoso Type and Childish Alpha

Well, I've got to get something put together to present to the girls for their birthday tomorrow morning. we got a box with presents from their cousins yesterday and they can hardy stand the suspense of having to wait until tomorrow to open them. Hopefully I won't space the night owl chat at RAKs tomorrow night, especially since I'm hosting ;)

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love that Quirk Melinda, a very very neat page!!

12:51 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Adorable Twinkle Twinkle layout Melinda! I love it when kids make up their own versions of songs. And congrats on being chosen for Robin's CT...I know you'll have a great time.

7:34 PM  
Blogger Robin said...

Love your pages! And I am so glad thrilled to have you on the team!

7:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home