Sunday, October 15, 2006

nothing exciting weekend

we didn't do anything exciting this weekend. the girls spent the night at a friend's/neighbor's house on Friday night. Bryce went to a friend's birthday party/sleepover Saturday night. It was nice to have it a bit quieter those two evenings, but at the same time it just wasn't right to have them gone. Today we went to church and cleaned up the house. whoo hoo!
Not much else to report, so I'll just leave with a few LOs I did during the week.

journaling: I had tried just about everything I could think of to get Brenna interested in being a big girl and using the potty. When browsing at the craft store one day, Brenna got very excited about doing crafts, so I told her only big girls got to do crafts. I purchased a couple to see how it went. A couple of days later things were going well, so we went and bought some more! Brenna is showing off her jingle bell ghost here.She was so excited to do a craft- she picked it out in the morning and talked about it all day until after dinner when we finally put it together. It had to dry overnight, so the next day she carried it everywhere.
credits: Monster Mash by Robin Carlton at Sweet Shoppe Designs; LO template by Rachael Giallongo for DigiChick sketch challenge
fonts: Black Adder ITC

journaling: This is my favorite family photo because it is the first one with all 7 of us in it (even if I did have to add myself in digitally)
credits: Sensible paper set and burgundy paper from Classy paper set from Colorfully You Collection by Robin Cabana at SBB; beaded wire from Hampton kit by Gina Miller (recolored); ricrac and fibers by Gina Miller; gold aspen leaf charm, aspen leaves, frayed hemp paper, and gold staple are mine; paper tear action by Atomic Cupcake; fonts: CK Renaissance
journaling: Music has always been a large part of my life. My parents have a tape recording of me singing ‘Itsy-Bitsy Spider’ when I was two, and I have fond memories of us all singing together at church. I took piano lessons for 8 years, sang in various choirs in church and at school, and in 6th grade I began playing the oboe. I also learned to play the clarinet in 9th grade so that I could be a part of the marching band. The oboe was my favorite instrument and I enjoyed being a part of orchestras in highschool and college. I listen to Contemporary Christian music most often now, but classical music will always be my first love. *The black oboe pin was given to me by my parents and the silver oboe charm was a gift from MommyPat.
credits: background from Vintage Vashon by Amy Knepper; music paper and violin by Marcee Duggar; silver music symbols by Ronnie McCray; fonts: CK Renaissance

journaling: My favorite indulgence right now is a piping hot cup of coffee from Starbucks; my favorite is the pumpkin spice latte that is only available during the winter holiday season. I don’t indulge very often as I have a hard time spending almost $4 on a single cup of coffee. At home I ‘make do’ with a mug, or two, of spiced chai tea, my favorite brand being Mystic Chai.
credits: green background from Naturally Shabby by Robin Cabana at SBB; flocked floral stamp by Rebecca DiGrazio; coffee cup image from Stock XChange; Mixed Greens stamps by Nancie Rowe Janitz at Scrapartist; fonts: CK Heritage


journaling: My favorite subjects in school always involved science of some sort- biology, chemistry, organic chemistry, biochemistry (ok so i hated having to memorize the chemical pathways), physiology, anatomy, etc. My part-time jobs during my school years were in various labs across the WSU campus helping with research projects and keeping the labs clean.
credits: Bkgd paper and notebook paper from School RuleZ by Jeanine Baechtold, Krista Mettler, Melissa Goerke and Jen Reed at Scrapdish and Digiscrapz; Nuclear stamp from Retro Flavour by Kim Jensen at Scrapdish; tomato and flask photos from Stock XChange, Beaker and periodic table images from the web; fonts: CK Chemistry


The October RAKfile came out earlier this evening. Go grab it and you too can make your own candybar wrappers for Halloween ;)

credits: all pieces from October 2005 RAKscraps mega kit, by Amy Knepper, Amy Wolff, Jeanine Baechtold, Rachel Dickson, and Shelly Chua.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I'm loving the favorites pages too! That Autumn page is GORGEOUS! Beautiful work, Melinda. :)

1:37 PM  
Blogger Robin said...

Love your pages and the candy wrappers look awesome!!!!

8:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home