Thursday, September 28, 2006

why is it so hard to get anything done?

I had a short list of things I wanted to accomplish this morning- It's now 4:15 and I still don't have everything done that was on the list. Interuptions to my train of thought have just abounded today, I guess. Emails to be answered, phone calls from friends, dirty diapers, food to prepare. I know it is all typical stuff and to be expected, but still it gets frustrating that I can't seem to accomplish in 8 hours what should have taken maybe 3 or 4 at most.
So, what all have I gotten done? I got the digicraft for next week finished up and some new color swatches for the next couple months at RAKscraps- that's it. maybe I can get the other things accomplished tonight, we'll see.

Aren't they cute? Come chat with me on Tuesday! and speaking of RAKs... if you are into scrap-related things, RAKscraps and Scrapdish are both on the CK Reader's Choice Awards ballot! RAKs is under #15 and Scrapdish , #35 for the fabulous Summer Sunsations kit! Go vote here!

We went to Walmart yesterday to get some groceries for dinner and to buy Brenna some big girl underpants- Dora, of course! She is doing so well with the potty training. I hope the new underpants will be the extra motivation she needs to finish the process up. She started wearing them yesterday afternoon and did great, but has been lazy today. I also bought Beth and Carissa some Halloween costumes- Beth wanted to be angel and Carissa wanted to be Hermione from Harry Potter. I got Carissa a cute witch costume with a curly pointed hat as I couldn't find anything close to the 'real' thing at a price I was willing to pay. We have to find her a 'wand' of some sort and I think that she will be satisfied. Bryce has a Bionicle costume or his Secret Agent outfit from his birthday to choose from. Brenna has a pink and white cowgirl outfit and a set of ladybug wings and antenae. I'm leaning towards the cowgirl one mainly because I have a cute little cow outfit for Sarah ;-P Of course Brenna wants the ladybug. She may just get to wear both LOL

I've got to go get dinner started. I'm going to make spinach alfredo lasagna. We haven't had that in a long time and it just sounded good when I was flipping through my recipes looking for something yesterday.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This IS adorable Melinda! I love it!

5:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh I love it Melinda!! Just love it!! I know what you mean about not getting anything done, I'm feeling quite overwhelmed again, life is just not cooperating with me, LOL!!

10:16 PM  
Blogger skyescrapz said...

Those treat buckets are ADORABLE!!!!! Can I have some lasagne???? LOLOLOLOL Sounds like you got a good amount of stuff done -- don't be too down on yourself.

4:18 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I loooooove the treat buckets, and I hope to be able to make it to your chat Melinda.

Spinach? I didn't think that was okay to eat right now. Are you using the frozen stuff, I hope?

Can't wait to see all the kids in their costumes.

5:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home