Wednesday, September 20, 2006

goodness, where does the time go? I can't believe it's been a week since I posted last. We haven't been doing a whole lot, getting some things done around the house now that colder weather is coming around, trying to keep up with the everyday things like dishes, cooking, laundry, etc. The ladies' bible study at church started on Tuesday morning and I went to that; we're doing a study on Ephesians this fall. I'm still a little stuffy from the cold I had last week, but I am pretty sure it is on the way out finally.

Since the RAKscraps newsletter is out, I can show you two LOs I did for that. I was the CT member spotlight this month, so I made this LO using Kim's beautiful Sarah's Cottage mini kit that was a prize for the month of August. I do believe you can pick it up over in the donuts section at Scrapdish now ;)
credits: Sarah's Cottage by Kim Jensen; lace and doilies, & tag with pin by Traci Sims; stick pin and stitched heart from Eclectic Collage by shabby Princess; buttons by kathryn Balint, Ali Folendore, Terry Himes, and Traci Sims; circle stitching by Dani Mogstad; frayed fabric knot by Michelle Coleman; letter stamps by Rebecca DiGrazio; Actions by Atomic Cupcake- silver, fabric and frayed fabric; fonts: snowshoe

The tutorial I wrote for the September newsletter is on how to use the layered LO templates that are popping up in all of the digisites and shops these days. I made a template to go with it you can DL, use it and post in the RAKfile challenge gallery and you might just get another goodie too~ see the newsletter for all of the details!
Here's the LO I made using my template, pics from one of our vacation stops, and some papers and alpha I made inspired by the beautiful decor in the train station- I'm hosting night owls this weekend and this is your preview of what you'll get for coming to chat with me! We even have prizes this week too- whoo hoo!!
journaling: We stopped at Union Station in Cincinnati , Ohio on July 12, 2006. Hidden inside this grand old train station is a unique natural history museum. One area of the museum focuses on caves and the creatures that live in their dark depths. We saw a talk about bats, and then explored the artificial caves, both normal and ice, that were built in the lower levels of the museum. The museum also had collections on archeology with a focus on the animals and peoples that inhabited the area in previous eras. Their special summer exhibit was on creatures that live in the dark and their adaptations to that particular environment- blindness, echolocation, and phosphorescence being a few.
credits: Union Deco papers and alpha by Melinda Staley; LO sketch template by Melinda Staley for September 2006 RAKfile;
fonts: Nueva Std


Sarah's beautiful smile showing off her new tooth- yes! she finally has one at 11 months old! All perfectly in time for the members of our family.
credits: Sweet and Simple by Jeannie Papai at Digital Freebies; inked edge and gel actions by Atomic Cupcake; fonts: Bickley Script

and one last LO that I did today with AmyK's new paper pack that is hitting the Digichick store tomorrow sometime. The little angel is konked out in the swing at the moment. I guess we will see what happens tonight when I decide I am ready to head to bed myself....
journaling: Sarah is a little darling, except when it comes to sleeping. Maybe she just takes after me and my nightowl habits a little too much, but getting her to sleep regularly and in her own bed has been a big challenge since the day she was born. I can leave her in the swing for hours, until I am sure she is fast asleep, but when her little head hits the crib mattress she is suddenly wide awake again.We have spent several nights listening to her cry at us from the crib because we are trying to teach her that that is where she is supposed to sleep and it is not the end of the world to be out of Mama’s arms for a few hours.
credits: Darling Dreamer Paper Pack by Amy Knepper at The DigiChick; Twine and Twine bow from Carpe Diem by Dani Mogstad and Shawna Clingerman; masking tape strips by Krista Mettler from EcZentric at Scrapdish and Digiscrapz; heart button made by me with Atomic Cupcake plastic action; fonts: Bickley Script, TXT Abrasive and TXT Monique

Oh, and I have to brag on my niece a little bit! Go check out her artwork, which was chosen to be posted on the internet. She is a wonderful little artist! Click here

That's it for me tonight, I think. I've got to see if I can get some more work done on the next digicraft project. The first of the month is sneaking up on me!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well you've been busy!! Love those layouts of Sarah and your template is awesome!! I wonder if the Digi world knows that you've been giving out templates for almost as long as I've been digiscrappin' ;) I tried telling a few people LOL!!

11:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

These are all wonderful layouts Melinda! Beautiful work!

9:57 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I love all your layouts, Melinda! I always consider you the first template creator too - you should be shouting it from the rooftops! LOL! How's the sleep training going? I spent another night on the couch last night - SO not fun!

12:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home