Monday, September 11, 2006

sick and tired (and LOs too)

I've been dealing with sick kids for over a week now, and it isn't going to end any time soon evidently. Brenna and Sarah both have the cold that Beth and Carissa had last week, and I evidently have it now too. I don't feel awful, but my nose just won't quit itching, my sinuses are all stuffed up, and my throat hurts. I should go take some Sudafed and maybe my nose will quit bothering me at least. I'm never quite sure if having your nose running is better - at least you aren't stuffy, but your nose gets a bit raw after blowing it so often. Any way you sneeze at it, it's no fun.

I've got a mess of dirty dishes I need to go clean up in the kitchen before dinner, but I've been scrapping instead this morning.

Jeannie Papai asked me to be a guest CT for September. Here's my first LO with one of her kits:
journaling: The kids enjoyed feeding all of the crusts leftover from the tea party to the ducks at Nancy Lewis Park
credits: Camp Cupcake by Jeannie Papai at Digital Freebies; stamped letters by Tanya ToddKrasen; scraplift of "Water Fun" by Shelly Chua http://www.rakscraps.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=50420&cat=500&ppuser=136 ; fonts: 2Peas Renaissance

journaling: We spent out 16th anniversary, July 7, 2006, in Manhattan. We rode the ferry from Statten Island and then the subway up to the Bronx. We met Robin Cabana at the Bronx Zoo and had a great day seeing the animals with her. It was so nice to be able to meet one of my on-line friends in person, and really cool that she was willing to spend her day with all of my family. Bryce, Beth, Carissa, and Brenna all took right to her and enjoyed talking with her and showing off a bit. We were all sad when it was time for Robin to head to work and for us to start back down into Manhattan to find dinner and head towards our hotel. It was one of the best days of our vacation and the best anniversary present I have received so far.
credits: Wild Child by Jeanine Baechtold, Rachel Dickson, Correen Silke, and Robin Cabana at Scrapdish; paper tear action by Atomic Cupcake; fonts: TXT Abrasive and Impact

I just love this rocking chair that used to be my Dad's and have been wanting to do a LO about it for a long time so that it would be recorded where it came from and why I think it is so special.
journaling: This rocking chair was bought for Grandaddy, Richard Massey, before his first birthday. It was most likely purchased at the furniture store his father, Arthur Massey, worked at. It has been saved for the next generation when the previious one outgrew it. Grandma Doris saved it and when I turned one, she got it out and reupholstered it with the orange fabric and nails that it still wears today as well as giving the wood a protective coating of polyurethane. My sister, Megan and I both used the rocking chair and when Bryce was one, Grandaddy passed it on to him. Mark recently had to reglue a few of the joints, but it is still in excellent shape for being over 60 years old. Sarah is the latest child to enjoy the rocking chair, and I hope it will be around for many more years to come. -Melinda Staley
credits: Willow Avenue by Robin Cabana at DigiScrapDivas; fonts: FG William and Vintage Typewriter

I've done a couple of other too, but they are for the RAKscraps newsletter, so I can't show them quite yet. The dishes are calling my name, so I'd better get to it. Maybe I can distract Sarah from her whining at me by giving her a spoon or two to play with while I get them cleaned up. We'll see.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Your layouts are so cute, Melinda! I especially love the Bronx Zoo one - I can't believe how many pictures you fit on there. I'm lifting that one!! :)

8:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home