Saturday, September 09, 2006

Let the dancing begin!

This morning was the long-awaited first day of dance lessons. I was able to sneak in a few pics before they shut the door.

We were told that parents will be allowed to watch practice on the first week of the month, except for in December when the last practice of the month is a mini performance for us. Beth and Carissa are in a combo dance class- they will start with tap for 30 minutes and then the second half of the class is a bit of ballet and jazz dance. I thought it interesting that the 'jazz' music they were dancing to was a country song and from what the girls described afterwards it sounds like they were learning some line dancing LOL The important thing here is for them to explore the different types of dance and see if they really like one of them. Beth says she liked tap the best, while Carissa says she liked the jazz dance best.

I got to leave Brenna at home with Mark this morning, but Sarah came with me. She did pretty well. All of the strangers sitting in the hall with us kept her from wandering off to far; she was even content to sit in my lap and just watch everyone around us for a while. I have lovely visions of being able to leave her at home too eventually and take my laptop and spend the hour working on something uninterrupted. Somehow I think that is still a ways off.

We got home and Beth and Carissa got Mark to bring in a piece of wood from the garage to lay on the living room floor so that they could practice the shuffle step they learned in the tap portion of class.

4 Comments:

Blogger Robin said...

So glad they like dance class!!! :) I used to tap around the house and make my dad nuts.

7:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't see your photo bucket photos for several of the last few posts?

7:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

They look adorable! Glad they had a good time, I just love dancing, it's so fun and gives girls such a great self confidence.

9:32 PM  
Blogger jane said...

great pics melinda!! Victoria just started her dance classes on Saturday. they shut the door too quickly for me, lol! I will get her next time!

7:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home