Monday, August 28, 2006

Happiness is a Tail

I challenged the nightowls at last night's chat to make a LO with the theme "Happiness is ____"
I, of course, had to do a LO about Brenna proclaiming happiness came from having a tail a couple of weeks ago. So, here it is.
journaling: According to Brenna happiness comes from having a tail LOL! We got home from church this morning and she wanted to wear a sweater/skirt set in her closet that has the Teletubbies on it. I said no, as it was going to be too hot today. A small temper tantrum ensued, I told her to pick something else and I left the room to go nurse Sarah. She came into my bedroom about 10 minutes later and told me she wanted to wear Eeyore. We got a fleece pant/top set on clearance after last Halloween that is an Eeyore outfit- complete with tail with a pink ribbon and floppy ears on the hood. I gave in- no matter that it is going to be 80 degrees today (OK, so cool by the standard temps we have been subjected to lately, but it is still pretty warm) and that we are talking long pants, long sleeves and a hood, all in fleece. I told her she had to wear a shirt with it so that she could take the top off if she got hot. She agreed and we put the outfit on. After lunch she started singing "I've got the joy, joy, joy, joy, down in my heart.....because I have a tail".
credits: Fleece background and silver tack made by me; pink bow from A Little Country Chic by Tracy Blankenship at Digital Freebies and SkrappinDigiKreations; tassel from Bohemian kit by Maya at scrapbookgraphics (recolored); Eeyore image made from scan of Paper Pizazz Pooh cutout book
fonts: Tangerine, SF Happiness, and Times New Roman

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMGosh Melinda that is ADORABLE!!

11:22 PM  
Blogger Priscilla said...

Brenna is such a hoot!! Love that she was singing that song - I used to sing that one at sunday school!!
(only not with the tail ending...lol)

1:04 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

That layout just couldn't be any cuter Melinda!

12:54 PM  
Blogger Robin said...

Just too cute!!! :) Love her Eeyore outfit!

9:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home