Sunday, August 13, 2006

I'd better blog these things before I forget

- Sarah took her first steps on Friday, Aug 11. She stood up by herself in the middle of the kitchen floor and took about 2.5 steps towards me before she fell down. Ack! I'm not ready for her to be walking. She's not even 10 months old yet! Ack!! She can't stand by herself for long yet, so I don't think she is actually going to be walking everywhere in the next few days, but she is working hard at it.

- According to Brenna happiness comes from having a tail LOL! We got home from church this morning and she wanted to wear a sweater/skirt set in her closet that has the Teletubbies on it. I said no, as it was going to be too hot today. A small temper tantrum ensued, I told her to pick something else and I left the room to go nurse Sarah. She came into my bedroom about 10 minutes later and told me she wanted to wear Eeyore. We got a fleece pant/top set on clearance after last Halloween that is an Eeyore outfit- complete with tail with a pink ribbon and floppy ears on the hood. I gave in- no matter that it is going to be 80 degrees today (OK, so cool by the standard temps we have been subjected to lately, but it is still pretty warm) and that we are talking long pants, long sleeves and a hood, all in fleece. I told her she had to wear a shirt with it so that she could take the top off if she got hot. She agreed and we put the outfit on. After lunch she started singing "I've got the joy, joy, joy, joy, down in my heart.....because I have a tail". OMG, so cute!!

Mark took the big kids to the SkySox game this afternoon because the girls wanted to go (it is their birthday today afterall) and we still had 2 free tickets from the library reading program. It started raining a little while ago, so I'm kind of surprised they aren't home. I have the girls' presents waiting on the table for them. I did sign them up for dance lessons, so I can't wait to see how they react to the certificates I made telling them about it. I also found a new black leotard for each of them. I have 2 pairs of dance shoes each, tights and probably a second black loetard to buy for each of them still, but I figured I had better let them come shopping with me so I actually get the right sizes. Plus, maybe that will help keep them from driving us nuts over the next month while we wait for them to start?

6 Comments:

Blogger jane said...

whooo hoooo melinda!! congrats to your little one on her first steps!! that is awesome!! and i just love that about the tail! actually laughed out loud and scared jess , hehe

7:07 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Awww...the first steps! She definately is young to be walking...good luck with that!

I think the dance lessons are an awesome gift. You'll have to let us know how they liked their gift.

7:31 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Walking already?? That is so wild! I'm sure the girls will love their dance classes. And I haven't said it yet, but I absolutely LOVE your quirky page! It is awesome!!

9:54 PM  
Blogger Raji said...

WTG Sarah. Your girls are going to love their birthday gift. Congrats on being Digipick of the day.

1:41 PM  
Blogger Robin said...

Wow, I can't believe Sarah is walking! And so early!!! Guess it comes easier when you have a big brother and sisters to chase! How cool. And happy,happy birthday to the twins! I hope they like their gift!!! :)

7:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh that Brenna!!! She is too funny. Go Sarah go! Gosh they grow so fast! And dance classes for the girls sounds great, one of my favorite things ever as a child was dance!

10:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home