Saturday, September 02, 2006

By George, I think she's got it!

I do believe that Sarah has started walking, officially. She is venturing across rooms confindently and gets farther and farther each time she tries. I set her on her feet and she is stable and then starts out, grinning the whole time. She still reminds me a bit of Frankenstein as her arms are straightout in front of her usually helping her balance, but I don't think it will be long before that isn't necessary. Here she is toodling across the living room this afternoon.

She also figured out going down the stairs feet first tonight. - not sure if that is a good thing or not as I've lost my natural gate out of the kitchen LOL She went down the first stair (there are only 2 in this spot) and went back up several times just to make sure we were watching.

It was a dreary day here- overcast, windy and with off-and-on rain. Not good for the annual hot air balloon festival. Beth was obviously looking forward to going down to the park as she kept asking over and over today if we would go tonight since we didn't go out this morning. It was still drizzling at dinner time, so we were pretty sure that the balloon glow would be cancelled as well.

I got news last night that my Dad's tumor has evidently started growing again. That was news I was hoping to not hear for a long time, if ever. He got the 'all-clear' on a scan just a few months back, so this was quite a surprise. We won't know what the plan of attack is this time for a few more days. I know this is speedy in the medical world, but the waiting is always the hardest part. You hurry up and wait some more. I was a bit of a grump all day today with everyone, which I am sure was hard for the kids to understand. Brenna seemed to pick up on my mood and seemed to be a bit more irritable than usual. We haven't told them yet; I don't see the point in mentioning it until there is something more to say. They would just ask questions I have no answers to at this point.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm thinking of you guys!! And I sure know that hurry up and wait thing well.

Sarah looks precious, walking already!

9:50 PM  
Blogger Robin said...

Big hugs Melinda!!!!! Look at Sarah! Just reminds me that Kylie will be doing the same soon too!

8:37 PM  
Blogger Priscilla said...

Yay!! WTG Sarah!! LOL at your calling her frankenstien!!

Sorry about your Dad ((big hug)) I hope they don't keep you waiting too long with answers - that really is the worst - the waiting.

9:47 PM  
Blogger Raji said...

That's a cute photo os Sarah. Busy days ahead, lol. I'm so sorry about your dad (((Hugs))) I too hate waiting. So I cam understand your situation well.

8:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home