Thursday, September 14, 2006

sick and tired (and LOs too) - the repeat

Yes, we are still sick though I think we are finally on the upswing and starting to feel a little better today. Brenna seems to have gotten over this a couple of days ago, while it is hanging on for Sarah and I. Sarah had a nasty croupy cough yesterday. I could hear every breath she took from across the room at times. She isn't nearly as hoarse today, but still sounds congested, her appetite is still off and she just isn't sleeping well. The cold seems to have settled itself into my sinuses with no thoughts of leaving any time soon- even sudafed didn't help them drain a bit today.

So, I sat at home another day and tried to catch up on my scrapping- so many LOs I want/need to do and so little time! I've got some things to get to for the next minialbum challenge at RAKs I'll be doing starting in October, so I've been pushing to try and get as many LOs done this week as I could. On with the LO show!
First up is a LO with the second kit I got from Jeannie Papai as a guest CT- Sweet and Simple-
Beth and Carissa serve tea to Sarah after their birthday tea party.
credits: Sweet and Simple by Jeannie Papai at Digital Freebies; LO template by Lori Barnhurst, Scrapartist newsletter; fonts: LB Angela Fancy and LB Bernhard Fashion

An old photo from my grad school days- I was about 4 months pregnant with Bryce when this was taken.
credits: by Tracy Blankenship at Digital Freebies and Scrappindigikreations: Red bandana paper, B&W cow paper from Cutest Cowgirl, cowfolk alpha, bullnose clip, all other papers and elements from Cowboy Cutie; denim flowers by Dani Mogstad; rust action by Atomic Cupcake; fonts: LB Kerri and LB PlainStamp

Next, are a couple with Jeanine's latest exclusive kit for scrapbook.com. I don't think it is even up in the store yet. You can check here in the future for it- it's called "Fall Frolic" and the colors and patterns are perfect for all of your fall photo opportunities!

I did this recipe card for TracyB's ethnic recipe exchange going on at RAKscraps right now. She's even got the recipe album templates available for you to use! yeah, I know it's not really 'ethnic' unless you count southern cooking as that. I've been wanting to scrap this recipe for a while (you can tell because I took photos of the last pie I made while my Dad was visiting before I would let anyone eat it ;) ), so this is what people get unless I can think of something else and then have time to scrap it. This is my grandmother's recipe for pecan pie. It is my Dad and I's favorite pie, and I make it for him every time I visit with him.
credits: Fall Frolic by Jeanine Baechtold at computerscrapbook.com; ricrac, staple, bookplate and brad from Little Dude by Jeanine Baechotold at computerscrapbook.com, zigzag stitching from Home is Where the Heart Is prize set by Kelley McDonald; 6x8 recipe book template by Tracy Blankenship; fonts: LB Sunny and Snowshoe

Some things I love about fall and am looking forward to enjoying in the coming months! We've already done the balloon festival this year- that signals the start of the fall season as it is always over Labor Day weekend. I just wish the days of cooler temps we've been having every once in a while would stay around. (you can see a bigger version of this LO by clicking on it)
credits: Fall Frolic by Jeanine Baechtold at computerscrapbook.com; inked edge action by Atomic Cupcake; scraplift of "Got a Clue" by Katherine Nugent in October 2006 Scrapbooks, Etc. pg93; fonts: Type Right!

and the two LOs I did today:
a second page about the girls' princess birthday party last year:
Journaling: From the moment that they received the Barbie Princess and the Pauper DVD, Beth and Carissa wanted a birthday party with that theme. They enjoyed having their friends over for their first slumber party. The hours were filled with pizza, crafts, cake and enjoying all of the wonderful presents they recieved. They got Barbie dolls, jewelry crafts and jewelry boxes, princess snowglobes, dress-up clothes, and of course, the Princess and the Pauper singing dolls and wedding play set.
credits: Belle Princess papers and elements and sequins by Correen Silke at Scrapdish; paper tear by Atomic Cupcake; fonts: CK Serendipity

and a picture I got of Sarah last month after the girls' birthday tea was over while she was still in her party dress.
quote reads: Family faces are magic mirrors. Looking at people who belong to us, we see the past, present and future. ~Gail Lumet Buckly
credits: Sequins and Sequin Flowers by Correen Silke at Scrapdish; corner stamps by Krista Mettler from Eczentric kit at Scrapdish and Digiscrapz; blue woven tiedye and pink distressed papers by Krista Mettler, blog freebies; fonts: CK Legacy

That's it for me tonight. Sarah is really fighting sleep (she is sitting in the swing and keeps falling over because she won't just lay down and give in), so I had better get her out of the swing and see if she won't finally relax and get some rest.

6 Comments:

Blogger slkone said...

I'm sorry to hear you all are sick. Especially Sarah - croup is no fun - Alex just went through that...Yuck! Your layouts are lovely. Feel better soon!

1:12 PM  
Blogger Robin said...

Hope you're all feeling better soon Melinda!!! I love your pages!!!

6:58 PM  
Blogger Tracy Blankenship said...

oh my honey...sick sick sick. no good. I am so sorry. I hate feeling bad...but when the kids are sick...arggghhhhh. between the guilt, frustration and worry...we are goners. I cannot believe how many layouts you have done. wowza. and they are gorgeous! great job sweetz!

7:13 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Oh my word Melinda your girls are sooooooo cute! It's so neat that you have a blonde and a brunette. My girls are the same way (and they love that video too).

I am sorry your household has had so many illnesses. I hope you can get them all flushed out and GONE!! Should I come by with some Lysol and bleach?

Oh and make sure to drink plenty of water...flush out all those bugs. Just be ready to make lots of potty stops! LOL

10:33 PM  
Blogger jane said...

glad you are starting to feel better melinda!! hopefully the house hold will be a healthier place soon! Check out all your amazing layouts!!!! im floored that you are able to complete so many!! they look wonderful!

3:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That last layout of Sarah is adorable! Correen's sequin flowers goes so perfectly with Sarah's dress.

9:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home