Wednesday, October 11, 2006

what I've been up to this week

As usual, I've been doing some scrapping. Here's what I've come up with lately:
these two LOs of Bryce were done with Rachel Dickson's My Boy Papers and Elements at Scrapdish. It was my assigned kit for this month, and what a cute set it is. Perfect for little boy pictures. I had to dig out these old portraits of Bryce and scan them in.
You can see full credits here
I used a LO template by Misty Cato that she provided for the sketch challenge over at Scraphabit.com. It made doing this 2 page LO a breeze! It would have taken me forever to duplicate the swoopy filmstrip mat for the pictures without it.
You can see full credits here

And here is my second LO with Kim's fabulous Retro Flavour kit. I'm going to have to do a few more science center LOs with this kit eventually, as I love the elements and colors :)
You can see full credits here

and I am in love with her Rich Autumn kit too- the deep colors and leaves are gorgeous!! I will have to get my hands on that one too at some point ;) In the meantime, I played with another set of papers from Robin's Colorfully You Collection to scrap a pic from our outing up to Pikes Peak the other weekend.
You can see full credits here
I had to 'photoshop' myself into the photo since I was the one taking the group picture; it came out pretty well, I think.

and one last LO- the companion page to the Feeding Ducks LO I posted a little while ago. Full credits can be seen here

That's the latest in the scrapping department, at least that I can show you. I got my newsletter contribution done too, that will be out next week. I was hoping to get some more pages for my favorites minialbum done today, but I just haven't been inspired. Maybe something will flow later tonight.

I've been reading quite a bit lately too. Here are some of the books I've gone through in the last couple of weeks:
Flyte by Angie Sage, which is the sequel to the book Magyk. I read Magyk a while back. If you like Harry Potter, you would probably like these too. I see at Amazon that the third book in the series is due out next spring too.
The Preacher's Daughter and The Englisher by Beverly Lewis; the third and final book in this series just came out a couple of weeks ago, I heard from a friend at church who works at one of the Christian book stores in town.
Metro Girl by Janet Evanovich. If you like her Stephanie Plum series, then you'll like this one too. I noticed at Sam's Club on Monday that the second book, Motor Mouth, just came out.

I've been trying to think about Sarah's upcoming party a bit too. I wasn't thrilled with the selection of first birthday party stuff at the store just down the hill, so we quickly dropped by the other store on the north end of town and I ran in and found this Pooh's first birthday set for the party, which I'm pretty sure is going to be on the 21st.
I have made Pooh character cakes for all of the girls (Beth and Carissa's 2nd birthday, Brenna's first birthday), so Sarah will be the next. I'm going to get my $ worth out of that cake pan I bought so long ago! LOL We don't do a whole lot for first birthdays- the Tamblyn's are invited to have dinner with us and we'll have cake and ice cream and open presents. That's usually enough for one year olds (and mom too!)

I've got an almost one year old who keeps trying to climb into my lap from under the desk wanting attention and a 10 year old hanging over my should wanting to play on the internet, so I will sign off and see what I can think up for dinner tonight. Talk to you all later!

1 Comments:

Blogger Robin said...

Love your LOs! LOL @ how you added yourself! Never would have thought that! Can't believe Sarah is going to be 1!!!!

8:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home