Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Scrapping Stuff

I've been super busy working on some projects I couldn't show off until October, and now I can finally 'spill the beans'! The events team at RAKS has been busy planning lots of fun for October, aka RAK-o-ween!
That grinning pumpkin face was a little brainstorm I had a few weeks back, that before too long became not so little. I recruited Robin to help me with some aspects of it, and the Pick-A-Pumpkin set was born.
You can find it at Scrapdish here! The kids helped me design the pumpkins in the preview.
We also have a few preassembled pumpkins in the dollar section, here.

If you are active at RAKscraps this month, you just might find this little guy below in your PM box one day, along with instructions on how to get yourself some of the smiling faces you saw above.

We would love to 'Boo' everybody at RAKs this month, so post in the forum and/or leave comments in the gallery!

The Favorite Things Mini-Album Challenge has started!
Go here to learn about the challenge and here to get started with the week 1 assignment. I have some great prizes made by Tin (aka Mrs.Schmuck) for the participants each week during October. You won't want to miss them, I promise!
.........and a little birdie is telling you to go check out the info thread if you were interested in the matchbook album template.... shhhhhh! :)

And finally, I was able to do a LO last night. Amy has a fun new little kit in the dollar section at Scrapdish, the Little Boy Blue Puny Kit. I darkened the colors up a bit so that it would work with the pics I had of the Fife and Drum Corp concert at Yorktown on July 4th and Beth and Carissa dancing to the music.
journaling: Carissa and Beth practice their colonial dancing while we listened to the fife and drum corp play. July 4th, 2006 Yorktown, Virginia
credits: Little Boy Blue Puny Kit by Amy Knepper at Scrapdish; Stitching from Vintage Vashon by Amy Knepper; LO based on sketch by Rachel Giallongo ; fonts: CK Heritage and CK Invitation

The first quarter of school is already wrapping up at the end of the week- I can hardly believe that much of the school year is almost done. I had parent-teacher conferences yesterday, and haircut appointments and some shopping to do too. I wasn't quite sure whether I was coming or going yesterday.This morning was bible study and our weekly library trip is after school.

Oh, and tonight is digicraft chat at RAKs at 10P EST/7P PST!! Come get the bucket template and your chance at one of the awesome prizes that the RAKs Sponsors have provided us with! It's always lots of fun!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those pumpkins are SO adorable Melinda! Absolutley adorable! I have a little surprise for you in tomorrow's ScrapDish newsletter. :)

2:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those are genius!! Love the pick a pumkins!! I got boo'd twice today, glad I stopped by cause I was a bit confused, LOL!!

9:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home