Friday, January 26, 2007

LOs galore!

I've been busy scrapping since I last posted (gee, are you surprised? I bet not LOL). Here's a quick rundown of the latest I've been too lazy to upload here since posting to blogger was such a royal pain on the slow connection.

Let's start with the couple of LOs I've done with recent photos. If there is journaling on the page, I'll put it below the LO like usual so you all can read it, but I'm just going to link you up for gallery credits this time since there are so many!
journaling: While we were at the mall shopping for clothes, the girls finally had a chance to get the Build-A-Bears that they had been wanting with the gift cards and money they recieved for Christmas. Beth and Carissa both went for the limited edition bears that have magnets in their hands and face so they can blow kisses; Brenna chose a bunny. Beth and Brenna chose fairy outfits and Carissa got the valentine heart dress.
Credits can be seen HERE

journaling: It was the first snow storm of the 2006-07 winter season, and the 4 inches or so of snow on the ground caused the first snowday of the school year. The kids had a blast playing outside in the backyard. Bryce started a snowball fight with Beth and Carissa, then quickly came to realize that he was outnumbered as they both worked together to pelt him with their large snowballs. Before too long, Bryce came inside and Beth and Carissa were free to try and build snow creations. Beth built a snow town and together they made a mini snowman. The snow was so light and fluffy that it didn’t pack well and it took most of the snow on the ground to build those two things. Sarah stood at the back door the whole time the big kids were outside, watching in envy that they were out and she wasn’t. She even tried to sneak out the door in her socks when someone came in to get something.
Credits can be seen HERE

The Amazing DigiScrap Race came to RAKscraps last weekend, and one of the challenges we had going on for everyone to celebrate was a LO swap. Robin and I swapped some of our photos and scrapped a LO for each other with them. Robin sent me these cute pics of her niece, Kylie, celebrating her first birthday. Here's what I came up with. It's kind of funky and fun- I've been trying to explore some other scrapping styles a little, and I enjoyed using some swirly brushes and doodles on this.
Credits can be seen HERE

and here is the LO Robin scrapped for me using pics of myself with all of the grandparents and great-grandparents I could find. I still haven't found a pic of me with Grandad Al. We've been looking for one for several years and haven't been lucky enough to come across one yet.
Credits can be seen HERE

here's some more 'vintage' LOs I've done this week. I'm really enjoying scrapping these pictures. I wish I had been able to start doing this while Daddy was still around though so that he could tell me some stories to add to these. I know he would have enjoyed seeing what I did with the photos.

Credits can be seen HERE

Journaling: I'm not sure exactly when these pictures were taken. I found them in envelopes that had pictures of Keesler AFB and also pictures of Ralph doing skits at Putnam City Baptist Church. So, I am guessing that they were taken sometime during his early years in the Air National Guard, maybe when he was home on leave.
Credits can be seen HERE

journaling: This was the first house that Richard and Linda owned. They purchased it in 1971 after Linda graduated from OU with her PhD and Melinda was born. They moved in during March. Though I don’t remember living there, I look at these pictures and see numerous things that graced our home while I was growing up. Many of the art pieces are still on the shelves of their house today.
Credits can be seen HERE

Credits can be seen HERE

journaling: I know Daddy loved me. I can see it on his face in these pictures and it was there in his eyes whenever we were together. I could hear it in his voice whenever he called to tell me something or just to talk. He showed his love in so many ways through what he did every day- working to help provide for his family, fixing things that were broken even if they really weren’t worth saving because it was important to me, driving me to oboe concerts and sitting through them with me even when he would have rather been somewhere else, taking the time to listen when I had something to share, giving me a hug and a kiss when I needed it, looking for things he knew I wanted or would enjoy, coming to help with the twins and Brenna after they were born, playing with and enjoying his grandchildren, and always being available to help when I needed him.
Credits can be seen HERE


Credits can be seen HERE
(I did this LO for Robin's new sketch challenge at RAKscraps! You can grab the template for a limited time :)- g
et it here and join in the fun!)

journaling: This is one of the few photos I have found of the house on Woodrow in Tulsa.
It was taken in the upstairs living room. The Christmas tree in this picture was the same one that we put up every year that I can remember. I see so many ornaments on the tree that I remember hanging every year as a kid- the plastic snowflakes, the blue tinsel garland, the God’s eyes and felt lions that my mother made, the plastic angel pair, and my favorite elves that were the addition to the collection this year. There were 3 in blue, red, and yellow. Megan and I are holding two of them in the top corner photo.
Credits can be seen HERE

Credits can be seen HERE

Oh, and a little toot! for me. My "Richard's Years in Review" LO won a gift certificate to Gina Miller's store. Yeah! and with my new speedy connection I can enjoy shopping for some goodies next month. - I'm waiting a bit to use it since a big sale is coming up ;)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wowzers, you are a scrappin' fool!! So cool Melinda, all gorgeous pages!!

And congrats again on that toot!

10:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home