Monday, December 25, 2006

Twas the Night Before Christmas

We are trying to keep things as normal as possible even though my Dad is in the hospital and not doing well. We made our annual trek to the zoo for the Electric Safari Friday night.


Sarah enjoyed the lights. I'm sure she doesn't remember seeing them last year. She did not however, want to visit with Santa LOL the older kids all took a turn telling him what they wanted this year for Christmas.



quite a few families this year brought marshmallows to roast over the fire pits they put out so that you can stop and warm yourself a bit. The kids thought that was a neat idea and I'm sure will insist we do the same next year. Brenna managed to sweet talk her way into sharing a marshmallow with the little boy she was standing next to LOL! Here she is licking her fingers :)


The kids opened their new pajamas tonight
I didn't do such a good job guessing which size to buy Beth and Carissa (they are in between those vague sizes of M and L these days), so we will have to try and exchange the ones I bought for the smaller size if we can. They got new robes too, so they are happy with that for the time being. Brenna of course loved her new purple Dora PJs and Bryce liked the spy t-shirt and sweat pants he got. Sarah seemed Ok with her new sleeping attire, but didn't go nuts over it. She was ready to keep opening presents after all of the PJs were open and was ready to hand out the rest of the presents.

I'll leave it at that tonight. I still need to stuff stockings and try to get Sarah back to sleep ::sigh::

2 Comments:

Blogger Robin said...

Big hugs Melinda!!!! I have been thinking about you all day. The kids look so cute in their new pjs.

9:25 PM  
Blogger Meredith said...

The kids look adorable and it looks like you guys had a good outing. I was so sorry to hear about your father. Big hugs! My thoughts and prayers are with your family!

7:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home