Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Good Morning from Snowland

Yes, we are having another blizzard. We are under a blizzard watch until noon on Thursday, a full 24 hours. Needless to say, the kids are home from school today and most likely will be again tomorrow. It will hardly be worth the bother to send them on Friday for a half day, but as it would count as a full day towards the school calendar they will probably go ahead and have it then. Oh the joys of living in Colorado in Winter!
Are you sure you want to come to Colorado for Christmas, Tania?? I'd say it is a pretty good chance we will be having a white holiday this year! If it isn't snowing there will be at least be a good coating of white stuff on the ground.

I've been saving a gingerbread Christmas tree kit to do at a later date when all of the kids were home, so I guess today is the day when they start to get bored. We've turned on the computer upstairs for them and will start a rotation so that everyone can have a turn. Carissa has made it through the karoake soundtrack for High School Musical already once this morning, and I'm sure we will hear it a few more times before the day is over. I've got to work on our Christmas letter. I've got the photo card I put together all printed and trimmed, I just need to write that letter- I really dislike doing that every year, but since I love to read the ones we get from our friends across the country, I figure I should write one too. I can recruit some extra hands to help stuff and seal envelopes if I can get them done. They probably won't get mailed for a day or two with the snow and wind blowing so hard, as I certainly don't want to venture out in it unless I absolutely have to. But, I would love to be able to cross that off of my to-do list!

I finished up my Christmas Traditions albums pages last night and then printed and trimmed the pages and put them in my little album. I knew I would find a good use for that little thing when I bought it ;)

a few of my very favorite things from the Christmas season
Dani Mogstad: Kitschmas Cheer, stitching, holly rub-on and heart from Scraps of the Season- Love; stitched label by Robin Cabana from RAKscraps Dec06 megakit Admin Addon at Scrapdish; font: TXT Delicate Script
journaling: Our zoo membership allows us a visit to see all of the lights at the Electric Safari event during December. We always enjoy seeing the animated animals, warming our hands around the campfires, and stopping for a visit with Santa before we head for home.
striped paper by Funktabulous by Ashley Olson; light strings by Gina Miller at FunkyPlayground
font: TXT Monkeyshine

We're going to miss having Grandmama and Granddaddy with us again this year for Christmas. My dad can certainly use extra prayer as he is trying to fight off an infection he picked up after he got the flu last week. They are still running tests to determine what exactly it is that is causing his illness. His chemo treatments are on hold until he gets better from this. A CT scan a couple of weeks ago show that the tumor is continuing to respond to the chemo and shrink, so we really want him to get well enough to continue so that we can get rid of the cancer for good this time! Hang in there, Daddy! we are thinking about you, missing you and praying for you!

OK, I need to send a few emails and then get to cracking on that letter. Hopefully I will have some pics of today's fun stuff to post a bit later tonight!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are you kidding? I haven't had a White Christmas in 15 years! I am so excited!!

So, a tooty toot toot toot to you Melinda, I just saw the Girl Talk blog. I'm so happy for you :D

12:51 PM  
Blogger Meredith said...

I LOVE that album! What a cute idea! I hope that they find out what is causing your dad's illness. It is so stressful to have to delay treatments. My prayers are with your family.

4:16 PM  
Blogger Robin said...

I immediately thought about you when I heard about all the snow out west! I hope that if you're snowed in that everything goes ok! :) Big hugs to you and your family! And I LOVE your album!!!!!
Hope the snow doesn't keep the mailman away. I just sent you something!

5:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home