Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Mini album projects

Just finishing up one, and starting another! There is something satisfying about these projects- I think it must be that they have a measurable end to them ;)

So, here are my last two LOs for the Favorite Things album, my favorite time of day and my favorite TV show.
journaling: Night is my favorite time of the day- everyone is in bed, the house is quiet, and I finally have a few hours to be focused solely on what I want to do. It is often a time when I am at my most creative and productive.
credits: EcZentric by Jeanine Baechtold, Krista Mettler, Jen Reed, and Melissa Goerke at Scrapdish and DigiScrapZ; flowers from Rainbow spirit by Carrie Stephens; Black Glass alpha by Meredith Fenwick; star paper by Shelly Chua from Starry Night, October 2006 RAKscraps mega kit contribution; fonts: TXT Tough Love

journaling : My Favorite TV show is Star Trek. I learned to love Star Trek as a kid, and my fascination has continued. The combination of science fiction, commentary on societal issues, and following the characters' development over the years is a winning one in my book! I've watched every episode of all of the shows at least once, and many of them more than that. I have them all recorded on video or DVD too for viewing now that they are no longer coming out with new ones. I love to read the books based on the shows and characters too!
credits: star paper by Shelly Chua from Starry Night, October 2006 RAKscraps mega kit contribution, Star Trek logo, ships, and station scanned from The Star Trek Encyclopedia book cover; fonts: TXT Abrasive


I would really like to do some more pages for this album, and maybe I'll get around to it eventually, but more than anything I would just like to get a cover designed and what I do have done put together into an actual album. I'll stick it on my to-do list! LOL

Robin is heading up the next mini-album challenge at RAKscraps, and she got it started this past weekend. I jumped right in and got my covers and first two intro pages done a couple of days ago.
All elements are by Dani Mogstad: Kitschmas Cheer, felt shapes, stitching from Scraps of the Season- Peace, sequin hat from Scraps of the Season- Cheer, felt alpha from Birthday Bash kit (recolored), ornaments (blog freebie)
fonts: Bickley Script, TXT Longhand, TXT Romanesque

I've been busy around here doing lots of non-scrapping things too. Thanksgiving cooking, Black Friday shopping, waiting for delivery men which also necessitated quite a bit of cleaning, moving things around the house, Christmas decorating, and trying to get lots of projects wrapped up so that I can wrap presents, pack boxes, and get them shipped.

Having the kids out of school all of last week for the holiday has just messed up Sarah and Brenna's regular schedule. (Moving Sarah's crib out of our room and into Brenna's finally, hasn't helped that either). And then today was a snow day- we got somewhere around 3-6 inches of snow last night/today with strong winds and cold temperatures- so they were home again and didn't even go outside to bike and play with the other kids in the neighborhood. I am tired of trying to keep them entertained (didn't we just have 2 week and 1 week breaks??) and I know Sarah and Brenna would enjoy more quiet days too. We only have another 3 weeks until they are out for another 2 week break for Christmas and the end of the second quarter.

Too much to do, so little time.... is it January yet?

I'm cold and tired, so I'm going to head up to bed. That next LO I was going to try and get started is just going to have to wait until sometime tomorrow.

2 Comments:

Blogger Robin said...

Love the pages! :) I didn't know you were a Star Trek fan. :) I used to be a much bigger fan before I had all these other things to take over my obession time!
Hope you're holding up ok with the snow!

8:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh I love Star Trek too, especially when I was in High School. I never got into any of the shows after The Next Generation though, but dh really loved that last one.

I just love all your mini albums Melinda!

1:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home