Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Pictures from Sarah's first birthday party

Ready? I'll just jump right in as there are quite a few....
the finished cake and candle.
The birthday girl, caught in the act of promptly removing the party hat Mama was torturing her with.
Fluffy was a bit more obliging in the hat department, Brenna thought it was cute to put the hat on her bear LOL
We had homemade macaroni and cheese and sausage, salad and bread for dinner.
After dinner we had cake. We sang to Sarah, she didn't quite know what to make of that. Mama helped Sarah blow out the candle.
and then we got to eat the cake!
Sarah was getting a bit fussy at that point, so we moved right to the presents. Becky and kids gave her a stuffed poodle in a backpack carrier. She squealed with delight when she pulled it out the bag. She carried it around by the handle on top quite a bit Sunday. Brenna adores this too, and I find myself reminding her regularly that it is not hers and that she needs to give it back to Sarah if she wants it. LOL
Then, we pulled the big dinosaur drop box out of the bathroom where I had stashed it. Sarah kept looking at it with a puzzled expression. I started ripping the paper to show her what to do. She still didn't get it. Then, after I ripped a piece off completely, the picture on the box started to show. She lifted up the paper to see the picture better and started pointing at it and 'talking' in her babble.
It didn't take too much longer for the whole thing to be unwrapped (Mama helped a little more), and she was excited to see it.
After having to practically fight off the kids, I got the toy put together and batteries installed. Just like I predicted earlier, we had to keep the older kids from crowding little Sarah out of the way.
She really loves this toy and especially likes it when someone sits down and plays with her. Here she is asking for Becky to play with her by offering a ball to her.
It didn't take any explanation for Sarah to know just what to do with this toy, she was putting the balls in the holes right off.
All in all, I would say the party and gifts were a success! Now, if only Brenna could figure out that her birthday is still several months off and quite bugging me about it LOL

1 Comments:

Blogger Robin said...

I love your cake!!!! You are as good at them as my mom is! :) And that dino toy looks like fun! I wonder if another soon-to-be 1 year old would like it! :)

9:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home