Wednesday, November 22, 2006

catching up on favorite things album pages

I posted the last thread for the Favorite Things album challenge at RAKs on Sunday. It's hard to believe it is almost over, probably because I have been thinking about this album for about 4 months total. I'm a bit behind in posting my pages for this, so I thought I would catch up tonight before I head to bed.
journaling: Home is where I feel most comfortable and relaxed. I love the days where I can putter around in my pajamas all day and not have to worry about going out. Online, my home is RAKscraps. It is the place I have found to be the friendliest, and the place where I belong and can contribute to the wonderful community that it is.
credits: Feels Like Home by Robin Carlton, SweetShoppeDesigns; cardboard leftovers by me; matchbook minialbum by me; fonts: TXT Abrasive

A pretty typical week- lots of CT scrapping related things on the list, as well as the usual housework and a few other odds and ends
credits: Young and Carefree by Amy Knepper; library card, stitching, and staples from Leaps and Bounds by Amy Knepper at Scrapdish; flowers by Dani Brath at SBB; fonts: snowshoe and TXT Abrasive

A few of my favorite book series from childhood to today. They all grace our bookshelves waiting for the kids to get big enough to enjoy them as well! They are Anne of Green Gables by LM Montgomery, Zion Chronicles and Zion Covenant by Bodie Thoene, The Dragonriders of Pern by Anne McCaffrey, Love Comes Softly by Janet Oke, and The Bobbsey Twins mysteries by Laura Lee Hope
credits: Scrapdish Designers November 2006 Collaborative kit at Scrapdish: paper by Jeanine Baechtold, Ribbons by Kim Jensen; Alpha by Jen Reed, flowers by Amy Knepper; Mixed Greens brushes by Nancie Rowe Janitz at Scrapartist; fonts: TXT Longhand


journaling: Whenever I give the kids Goldfish Crackers to eat, I remember the times we went to visit Great-Granmother Locke at her house in Norman, OK. She always had a bag of Goldfish for us to eat, and we would often make chocolate chip cookies in her little kichen together. I didn’t know until recently that she was diabetic, so now I realize that those were special treats she had just for us as she couldn’t eat them herself. I remember walking down the shade-lined sidewalks with the sun shining through the leaves to the public library branch a few blocks away, and playing in her backyard. I loved turning on the lava lamp and anticipating being able to watch the wild bubbling of the colorful goo inside. I loved winding up and turning on the ceramic bird music box that played Fur Elise. She had a fiber optic box with a skiier picture on it that we could turn on and watch the rotating colors. She had a drawer in one of the living room side tables that held crayons and sheets of drawing paper that were kept there just for us. In the linen closet next to the bathroom door, more drawing supplies, coloring books, and several dolls were stored there for our visits. I remember lots of happiness and joy associated with my visits to Grandmother Locke’s house. They were quiet times of relaxation with a beloved relative, and I will always cherish the memories I have of our time spent together.
credits: Fishscraps kit by Carrie Stephens; Fonts: TXT Personality, Typewriter

journaling: My favorite meal is beef stroganoff. On our birthday, we were allowed to pick what the family would have for dinner. I would usually choose beef stroganoff. I;m not sure what it is that I like so much about it- the tender beef, the mushrooms, the sour cream sauce with the slight tang, or the noodles.... they make a perfect combination in my estimation.
credits: Autumn Blooms and Autumn Blooms add-on by Tracy Blankenship at ScrappinDigiKreations ; doodle swirl from To Dream by Tracy Blankenship at Digital Freebies; fonts: Cezanne and 2Peas Hot Chocolate

journaling: I’ve had many different types of collections over the years. The only one I am currently adding to is my snowman collection. It started with a cute figurine or two I found at a craft store and couldn’t resist. Before too long I had a few more and friends were giving them to me as gifts. I have snowmen made from different materials- wood, metal, plastic, and even an old sock! There are ornaments, candle holders, salt & pepper shakers, but most of them are just cute figurines. I love them all! They make me smile when I see them sitting on my fireplace mantel. This pregnant snowgirl ornament was given to me by Becky the Christmas I was pregnant with Brenna.
credits: Sparkling Ice Storm Sampler by Eva Kipler at Digital Freebies; fonts: 2Peas Hot Chocolate

journaling: Christmas is my favorite holiday. I love the time spent with family and friends, christmas music, the reminders of why we truly celebrate, the decorations, and especially the glow of Christmas lights. I love to curl up in a chair in the quiet of the night with a mug of warm spiced cider in my hand and the lights on the tree and mantle envelope me in the peace, wonder, and magic of Christmas. The song "Traditions of Christmas” on the album, “Fresh Aire Christmas” by Mannheim Steamroller always makes me feel warm and cozy when I hear it in the glow of Christmas lights. It captures everything I love about Christmas in song.
credits: Home for the Holidays by Amy Knepper at Scrapdish; fonts: TXT Delicate Script

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, I just love looking through all of those, what a gorgeous album!!

PS. I have an email to get back to you, promise, I'll do that tonight!

11:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home