Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Halloween and a few other pictures

Bryce's 5th grade play was Monday night. gosh, I hate having to get everyone out the door on time for things like this. I'm a grump by the time we actually get there, and then I have to try and keep the little ones quiet. It was a pretty good show though, the kids did very well. The sound system left a lot to be desired. Half of the words spoken were either too soft or mumbled, or at least it sounded like that to us sitting way back at the back of the gym. Bryce was part of the 'junk band', which did a drumming piece at the beginning of scene 5. It makes me wonder if he will want to play drums next year when he starts 6th grade; he beats out rhythms on the backs of the chairs in front of us while singing songs at church too.

In other non-Halloween 'news' Sarah is now sitting in a forward-facing seat in the van as she has passed her first birthday and the 20 pound mark. She likes to grin at me when I look back, and she is fascinated with the big red button on the belt latch and is constantly trying to push it (notice her finger in the picture LOL)

We carved our pumpkin Monday night after the school play. Well, more correctly I should say that I got Mark and the kids to carve our pumpkin LOL He told the kids that I wanted him to do it just so I could take pictures, which is mostly correct. He needs to join in the holiday fun on occasion too, I think, and this is one of the things he is willing to do so why would I want to encroach? ;)
Scooping the Goop, as we started calling it and then seperating the pumpkin seeds from the goop for Mama to roast.

Mark carves the pumpkin

Sarah keeping an eye on what I'm doing when I take the jack-o-lantern out to light it for trick-or-treaters, and the final glowing product.

I had three different costumes Sarah could wear this year. I went with the cow one first since Brenna was a cowgirl. They wore their costumes to bible study Tuesday morning.

By the time dinner came around, the white parts were getting a bit messy. I briefly switched her to the Minnie Mouse outfit. I think this one was her favorite of the three even though it had to be the least comforable. She kept tugging the poofy skirt up to see it better and pointing to the sparkles and Minnie Mouse picture on the front. I never did locate the ears and bow headband. Don't you hate it when you remember putting something in a place you know you won't forget.... and then you can't find it? The headband wasn't with the costume in the clothing box and I never could figure out where that perfect place I stashed it was. I'm sure it will show up next week when and where I least expect it.

and finally I switched her to the little fleece leapord outfit. I figured it would be warmer when she answered the door with me to hand out candy, and well it's just too cute to have her match what I was wearing :D A set of teenage girls at the door one time cried out "it's the Cheetah Girls!" when we opened the door LOL and I heard "She's so cute" too many times to count.
Sarah liked to watch out the side window for trick-or-treaters.
and it didn't take her long to figure out that that stuff in the big bowl must be good because everyone who came to the door seemed to want some.


Brenna and the big kids went out trick-or-treating and had a good time despite the cold. Brenna is more than pleased to have her candy bucket filled to the top again. She had been lamenting for about a week that it was empty and needed candy. We had 67 trick-or-treaters stop by this year (well, that is if you count the three teenagers I'm sure came by a second time at the end of the night; I guess they thought we were giving out the good stuff this year LOL).

2 Comments:

Blogger skyescrapz said...

Dude, these photos rock! The photo of Sarah in her car seat just SLAYS me. She is too adorable!!!!!!!!!!!!

4:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh you guys! Looks like you had fun, I especially love the one of you and Sarah together and the one in the car seat. So cute!!

12:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home