Thursday, October 26, 2006

we're snowed in

We are SNOWED IN here in Colorado today. Yep, there is an official blizzard going on outside. Lots of snow and high winds. We are supposed to get from 6 to 12 inches of snow. The mountain areas will see more. We've had a couple of small snowfalls already this month, but this is the first big storm we've seen this year. Absolutely everything is shut down today, even businesses have announced they won't be opening- usually it is just schools. Bryce's 5th grade class was supposed to do their halloween musical tonight, but now that has been moved to next week. I'm just hoping we will be spared a power outage, the heavy wet snow and winds have knocked the power out in several places around town already.

Here's what it looked like when I got up this morning:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG Melinda!! Days like that remind me of why I moved to California, LOL! Hunker down, have some hot chocolate, hope the kiddos don't go stir crazy and I hope everyone stays safe. Better call my Dad...

11:46 AM  
Blogger Robin said...

wow that's a lot of snow!!!

9:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home