Sunday, March 23, 2008

Easter weekend activities

credits: Bunny Trail by Krista Ringham; Easter Morning and Sorbet Splash fiber from All Tied Up by Jen Wilson; blue paper from On a Lark by Correen Silke at scrapdish.com; staple by Kim Broedelet; glitter lines from Love Sprung by Dani Mogstad and Traci Reed at SweetShoppeDesigns
fonts: CK Ali's Writing

Saturday morning we went to the egg hunt at our church. The forecasted snowstorm was a bit late coming into the area, so the hunt probably could have been held outside this year. By the time we were done and heading home, the storm was finally starting to blow in with temperatures obviously dropping and the wind picking up. Sarah had a good time this year, only throwing a very mild tantrum when I had to tell her that she had to wait a minute before she could start picking up the eggs she saw in front of her. Once I told her to go, she got up off the floor and started filling her basket. That was a definite improvement over last year's long and loud screaming fit.

After we got home from the egg hunt, I headed back out to the grocery store with Sarah and Brenna to get some things for Sunday morning breakfast. After having some ham samples, I decided to go ahead and pick up a ham and a few other things to have our Easter dinner that evening, instead of trying to do it after church this morning. So, I spent all afternoon in the kitchen making breakfast casseroles and a big ham dinner. There wasn't room enough in the refrigerator for the casserole pans, so I just stuck them out in the garage on top of the chest freezer- it was definitely cool enough out there LOL I stocked up on eggs at the store since they were on sale finally (they are running over $5 for 18 eggs at full price around here now), but I decided to pass on the egg coloring this year. My mom had invited us to her house a couple of weeks ago for a big early Easter dinner and one of the things she made was a large batch of deviled eggs. The older kids enjoyed them fairly well at her house, but didn't seem to keen on eating the leftover ones that we brought home. Mark won't eat them now since he is on his new low cholesterol diet, and I didn't relish the thought of having to eat a dozen boiled eggs myself.

I got up bright and early this morning to put the casseroles in the oven, and then I headed outside to get the car cleared of the snow and ice that had accumulated over night- brrr. That certainly woke me up :P Just look at my post from Thursday and that is pretty much what it looked like here this morning too. The casseroles were a hit- I made Blueberry Brunch Casserole and Apple-Raisin Casserole. Sarah didn't like the blueberries, but she gobbled up the 'bapple' version.

The services this morning at Village 7 went well- no major disasters on the music front. The choir and orchestra sat through both services, so I got to listen to the sermon twice so it was good that I enjoyed it ;) I haven't heard much about how things went at our church for Mark and the kids, so that must mean everything went normally there. Brenna did give a report on all of the yummy snacks they got during children's church, which were probably leftover from the brunch they had before church (and which Mark decided not to attend by himself) LOL After church was over we spent some time cleaning up the house- the never ending task that it is, and just relaxing. So all in all it was a good day.

As of Friday at 3:05 my kids are all on spring break for two weeks. Bryce and Beth have consultation appointments with the orthodontist Tuesday afternoon. The library is doing their Imagination Celebration events this next week. I haven't really looked at the schedule yet to see which shows might hold the little one's attention. There's an exhibit on the Simpich dolls at the Pioneer museum that my mom and I want to go see, and we might plan another outing to the Fountain Creek Nature Center. I'm sure the time will drag and go too quickly all at the same time LOL

The April Scrapdish Designers collaborative kit is out! It's half off and a steal right now at only $3.00. Lots of fun stuff in this one!
here's my contribution:

I hope everyone has a good start to the new week!

2 Comments:

Blogger Robin said...

Sounds like you had a busy, but nice weekend! :) Love your Easter page!

5:23 PM  
Blogger Robin said...

Sounds like you had a busy, but nice weekend! :) Love your Easter page!

5:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home