Thursday, March 20, 2008

Snow, St.Patrick's Day, Easter and more baskets

whew! lots of things going on. Monday school was cancelled because of snow. We actually had a lot of snow over the weekend with a couple of snowstorms blowing through. These pics are from Friday, but I could just have easily taken them Monday. The snow all melted from the first storm before we were hit again. Crazy Colorado weather! it's supposed to be in the 60s today.

Sunday evening's performance of the Last Supper went well. Over 900 people attended despite the snowy and icy weather, and many people were touched. It felt good to play one song correctly that I hadn't been able to during practices- the first practice I didn't have it transposed correctly and the second one I just plain missed all of my cues (so I still had no idea if I had finally gotten the transposition right). It all came together correctly when it counted though. I had practice for the Easter morning service last night- lots of great music to play. The Easter Song (hear the bells ringing, they're singing that you can be born again.....) and the Hallelujah chorus from the Messiah are really fun to play, as well as lots of traditional hymns.

Monday was St. Patricks day and we did up the green at our house in part to entertain and occupy the kids during their day off from school. Lots of green and Irish food to enjoy! I spent most of the day in the kitchen cooking and cleaning up, but everyone enjoyed it all. Sarah gobbled down the corned beef I gave her and wanted more, which is rare for her since it was something new and things don't usually go so well if it is the first time she has had it.
journaling: School was cancelled because of the snow- lucky for the kids (they thought so anyway). So, I decided to spoil and entertain them a bit with lots of green food. I made green shamrock shaped pancakes for lunch, green shamrock spritz cookies for snack time, and of course the traditional corned beef, cabbage and potatoes and Irish soda bread for dinner. Even Sarah enjoyed everything we ate during our ‘Lucky Day!’
credits: Kiss Me I'm Irish by Michelle Coleman at LittleDreamerDesigns, Comic Frames V3 by Nancy Comelab at The-LilyPad, Graffiti Alpha by Christina Renee at ChristinaReneeDesigns, glitter border overlay from Puttin' on the Green by Tracy Blankenship, gold coins by Melinda Staley; fonts: Loosie Script


and this week's PrimaHybrid newsletter is out, so I can show off the first Scalloped Edge Basket I made. You can pick yourself up a copy of this Hyrbid Helper template and make your own over at PH- my easter treat to everyone! :)
digital credits: True Love by Doris Castle at PrimaHybrid.com, Hybrid Helper Scalloped Edge Basket template by Melinda Staley; Paper credits: Pink flowers and Clearly IOD transparent tape by Prima, Bernat Boa Fiber

Happy Easter!

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Great looking stuff Melinda! I'm envious of the music program at your church. You are always talking about playing in such interesting performances. Glad you have a chance to play there.

Happy a blessed Easter weekend!

3:12 PM  
Blogger Meredith said...

oh shoot! i was going to make those baskets for hannah's church teachers and kids' sunday school leaders. i completely forgot! good thing i looked at this tonight and not saturday night! :) i have to cheat and use already made scrapbook paper, though, because my printer is not very good. i love your projects, melinda! thanks!

10:42 PM  
Blogger Angela Toucan said...

Thanks Melinda. That's a great basket. My dd and I have made some this afternoon. There's a photo on my blog if you want to see them.

9:08 AM  
Blogger scrappinkay said...

I printed out two of these today and they are so fun. But I'm confused about how you get the scalloped edge to have the printed side of the scalloped edge to be on the outside. I added digital paper to each layer and printed it and when I bend the scallop over it shows the white side of the paper that I printed on.

I am new to hybrid, so sorry for my ignorance. :)

Happy Easter

5:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home