Saturday, February 23, 2008

Circle Journal Pages

One thing I particularly noted during the last layout printing session I did at the beginning of December, was how much more I have scrapped pages about myself since I started digiscrapping. I'm not totally sure why, there is probably lots of reasons actually: challenges that encourage you to scrap about yourself, finally having scans of some of my childhood pictures, being able to scrap faster so that I don't feel totally overwhelmed with trying to keep up with the kids' photos, and I'm sure there are other reasons too. It feels good to have an album dedicated to me sitting on the shelf with the ones about the kids. They enjoy looking at the things I did as a youngster and seeing that they enjoy some of the same things now.

The BBB ladies decided to do a circle journal this year. It is always interesting to scrap the topics that the other ladies choose for their 'chapter'- it sure does make you think sometimes! We're doing this over a whole year, so no rush... but I've been working on the pages that I had ideas for. I figure that I might as well get them done so I can ponder what to do for some of the other topics where things didn't pop into my head immediately. When we get them all done we will have a huge book full of beautiful LOs from our best scrappin' buds. Here are my title page and the first two topic pages I've gotten done.

the topic I asked people to scrap was their schedule- the things they do on a daily, weekly or monthly basis. Here's the title page for my chapter that I came up with:
I tucked all sorts of things onto this page, and even managed to work in at least one thing from everyone in the BBB that I had designs from- that was a neat little challenge I set myself about half way through the page ;) The list of credits for this one is incredibly long, so I don't think I'm going to post it here.

Kim asked us to scrap about something unexpected, and explain how where we are now differs from where we thought we would be.
credits:
Whatever, Mama! by Tania Cordova and Jessica Bolton- background paper, ribbon wrap, quote strips, small stitched heart, Mama title
by Jessica Bolton: Heart felt circle from Love This Guy, Teeny Tags, Delight in Photographs 2- red arrow, paint stroke, journaling prompter, blue flower petals, orange button; Outnumbered Girl- flowers and blue button; painted hearts; X-stitch; Sweetcakes- love always charm; Make Me Eclectic- Safetypin with tag
Frame cluster by Nancy Comelab
Huge Frames by Simonetta Rossi at sophiasarducci.com
cow, horse, and sheep photos by my friend Jim Meyer
Pig photo from Stock Xchange
Mother and baby statue is located in Columbus, Ohio on the bridge near the Santa Maria ship replica, photo taken by me.
Font: Bradley Hand
I loved the statue of the mom and baby that we came across on vacation in 2006, and I finally got to use it!

and Amy wanted to know what some of our favorite things are:
credits:
Annie Manning/Paint the Moon Designs: Boxed In Set 1 and Funky Flowers- Romantics
Stroke of Midnight by Annie Manning/Paint the Moon Designs and Jofia Devoe
Weeds & Wildflowers: Brilliantly Blue, Morning Glory, Drinking Tea papers, Paper Flowers
Christina Renee: Miniatures, Sassy Lace, A Stitched Mess
Crystal Cranberry by Amy Hutchinson
Winter Wonderland by Shabby Princess
Howdy by Maya
File It Under Collection by Michelle Godin
Date Stamps by Amber Clegg
fonts: DB Cowlendar, CK Becky

Jen and Jeanine got some photos of their CHA booth up on the KV blog a couple of days ago. check it out here.

I'm in charge of the nursery at church tomorrow, so I'd better get myself to bed.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Jan said...

Melinda, your layouts never cease to
amaze me! Love reading your blog.
Jan

1:56 AM  
Blogger skyescrapz said...

I'm a Keds girl too, and I collect cows! ;)

10:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home