Friday, February 08, 2008

Kristy Valshan CHA projects

Jen and Jeanine are headed off to CA today for the CHA trade show, and since they posted pictures of some of the projects I made for their booth on their blog yesterday I figure it is safe to put them up on my own blog now ;)

I started out with projects for their holiday collection- Yuletide. I had fun shopping all of the Christmas clearance sales at the beginning of January and finding great deals on Christmas crafty things to dressup for them.

a wooden letter word banner.
a paper mache ornamentthe other side of the ornament.This set looks gorgeous with silver glitter, so I used lots! :)

a couple of petal boxes with Fancy Free
and a composition journal with Autumn Beauty
the back:
Since they are wanting to license their designs to paper companies that manufacture actual paper scrapbooking products, I spent extra time turning the digital elements into chipboard shapes and such. That always reminds me why I love to digiscrap now, nothing is quite as boring as hand-cutting title letters, especially when it is difficult because they are glued to chipboard :P

After I got all of those done and shipped off, Jen requested some gift bags of varying sizes. I designed some templates so that I could print the pieces for them I needed on my little printer.
Bags with Fancy Free
a couple with a new collection called Renewal:
and more Yuletide:
and since I just couldn't resist, I hand glittered all of the black swirls on both bags and their tags. I used a whole bottle of glitter glue on the all of the things I made with Yuletide, with over half of it going on the gift bags. It was worth the time as they are gorgeous, these pics just don't do the bags justice.
The medium size Yuletide bag with the KV logo on the tag is going to be in some central display for the design and licensing exhibitors.

All in all, I think everything turned out nicely. I can't wait to see pictures of the booth when it is done this evening and see how everything looks all together. I hope the show is successful for you, Jen and Jeanine!

I need to get a bunch of templates finished up this weekend- digicraft for February at RAKscraps is next Tuesday and I'd like to get the gift bag templates up in my store early next week.
OK, I'm off to get showered and then put the garbage out before truck goes by for the week- oh the glamorous life of a SAHM! Have a great weekend everyone!

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Angela Toucan said...

beautiful projects Melinda. I've enjoyed looking at them

11:41 AM  
Blogger Robin said...

Wowee!!!!!!! I've been dying to see what you were working on and I'm blown away! These are amazing!!!!

2:34 PM  
Blogger Meredith said...

oh my goodness! you AMAZE me, melinda! these are gorgeous!

11:38 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Melinda, you are just amazing, do you know that?? You seriously weren't even exaggerating at the amount of work you had to do. I love all of your work, especially the gorgeous gift bags!

4:15 PM  
Blogger Ramie :-) said...

Melinda--those are gorgeous!! I don't know how you do it with the kiddos running around, but I'm bowing to you! I love your work!

8:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home